Site Reliability Engineer // Zattoo
Zattoo is creating the future of television, live and on demand.
We build Apps for mobile, web and big screen on systems like Apple, Android, Samsung, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox One and many more.
As the demand for unicast TV delivery is constantly growing, we are scaling out our custom built delivery infrastructure to serve linear and non-linear video data on a multi Tbps scale. At Zattoo we control the whole chain from TV signal ingest through encoding/trancsoding, to packaging and delivery. This means, there are many existing areas to work on and to push TV to a new level.
As Site Reliability Engineer you will play a key role in optimizing our systems architecture, monitoring and alerting. You will be working closely together with the core video, core middleware and SRE/Ops teams to ensure maximum quality to our customers. If you have a strong interest in monitoring, scaling out and optimizing complex distributed systems, you can have a huge impact on site performance and network optimization at Zattoo.
- Become a valued member of Zattoo’s Ops/SRE team and operate, monitor, troubleshoot and improve our core services
- Drive optimization and automation of our setup in various areas such as monitoring, alerting, performance and profiling
- Help to build tools and software for the TOC (TV Operations Center) to monitor and control our services 24/7
- Get a deep understanding of Zattoo’s service and explore ways on how to efficiently scale it
- Help making decisions on platforms, infrastructure, tools and processes
- Support and consult engineers to write code that performs well and scales
- Be an advocate for security and stability, raise awareness for weak spots and develop plans to mitigate them
- Help us building the future of TV
What we expect from you
- 2+ years proven experience in a site reliability engineering or ops position, ideally operating a complex web based service
- Fundamental understanding of the internet and modern web services (e.g. http(s), DNS, RESTful APIs, Streaming)
- Excellent knowledge about linux cgroup based container management such as lxc or docker
- Experience in monitoring preferably working experience with prometheus
- Experience in working with standard Ops tools (such as Debian/APT, nginx, Linux, Puppet, Jenkins)
- Comfortable working with remote colleagues, multidisciplinary teams and external partners
- Fluent verbal and written English language skills
- Bonus: BS/MS degree in computer science or similar discipline
- Bonus: Basic understanding of programming languages such as Python, Ruby and/or Go based web frameworks
- Bonus: Good understanding of Data stores (elasticsearch, cassandra, redis, memcached, mysql, database replication/failover)
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible work schedules
- Cool and comfortable offices
- Relaxed atmosphere, no dress-code
- Working with an awesome product
- Motivated and international team
We are Zattoo
At Zattoo we want to create a new TV experience, independent from location, time and device. Since our start in 2006, we bring a huge selection of sport events, movies and TV series to the favourite devices of our users. In addition, our B2B team delivers TV and VOD solutions to cable operators, internet service providers and many others, thus positioning Zattoo as a top notch technology partner.
We have built a great team that defines and develops the TV experience of the future together. We treat each other with respect and pull on one string to make our vision reality. Flat hierarchies and open communication enable us to cooperate transparently and to act fast. At Zattoo we can be ourselves and simply do what we are best at.
You can learn more about us at: https://zattoo.com
Join us and become part of our Stream Team!