Software Developer // Crate.IO
Are you inspired by open source and an agile work environment?
We are looking for engineers who will contribute to building a new breed of database: a distributed SQL database, aimed at Big Data, that is massively scalable and dead simple to use.
Our company was built in 2013 with the vision of developing a database which is great for users, developers and, most importantly, for back-end services that truly scale. Traditional databases don’t offer this; we’re building the solution!
As a software engineer at Crate.io you will work in small, agile teams and directly impact the future of the product. Our engineers need to be versatile and always eager to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. We love what we do and are total geeks at heart. Our teams enjoy a great deal of freedom and love to take responsibility for the things they create, which is also supported by our company-wide use of Scrum.
If this sounds like the work environment you want to work in we’d love to hear from you!
We are a deep-tech, VC funded startup with offices in Dornbirn (Austria), Berlin, New York and San Francisco.
- Integration of CrateDB into other systems (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, different Cloud Provider)
- Make sure that Crate works well and smoothly (also with other systems)
- Writing APIs for our Cloud Infrastructure
- Contribute to the core product
- Prepare technical documentations (tutorials etc.)
- Programming of additional components wherever required by the integration (e.g. Plugins)
- Support our customer projects
- Planning and development in the Scrum team
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience as a developer
- Knowledge and practical experience with Java or Python and/or other relevant technolgies
- Knowledge of SQL (application-oriented)
- Experience with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Comfortable with the use of databases
- Good command of English
WHAT WE OFFER
- Market-based compensation
- Very flexible working hours
- Possibility to work on fun projects as part of your work
- Working in a young, dynamic and international team
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Winner of TechCrunch Disrupt Europe 2014)