Software Developer // Door2Door
As a Software Developer at Door2Door you will join a team that is passionate about building solutions that source and utilise open data. You will work on new solutions & innovations for the future of transportation! Our (current) stack is Ruby, Python, node.js, Java and the services run on AWS.
Door2Door is Germany's leading urban technology company. Our vision is the car-free city: less traffic jams, less emissions and making parking spaces available for city development. Our mission: Introducing shared, on-demand public transport – and making this as comfortable as having your private car!
With our data platform we source, analyze & predict where things are in the city. Our core product – allygator shuttle (www.gato.rs) – uses on-demand shuttles that offer shared, efficient & quick trips – as dynamic as the city. It's a B2C2B business strategy: we enable the local dominant player – the city's public transport company. With our help they can quickly introduce on-demand public transport for their citizens, all around the world!
As more users enter the system, Door2Door uses data science to get even smarter, allowing for a learning transportation system. By creating data-driven networks for on-demand public transport, Door2Door is reinventing public transit, creating better transit for everyone.
As a Software Developer at Door2Door…
We'll need you to:
- Build powerful tools to extract, refine and understand data
- Build Dashboards to help us and our partners to make better decisions
- Build amazing products by providing data or an API to other teams
- Collaborate and communicate effectively within a team
- Love learning new things, as well as love teaching skills to others
- Using and improving maps. Lots of maps!
You'll need to have:
- Experience with any of the following are a bonus; Amazon Web Services (EB, S3, Lambda, Boto), OpenStreetMap, GTFS, PostgreSQL (+PostGIS) or NoSQL, React, Sinatra, Rspec
- Passion for working with Open Source software and data
- Willingness to learn new languages and tools
- Proud of beautifully crafted and well-tested code
- Enthusiasm to change public transport into a dynamic, on-demand, self-driving experience.
We value those who love a challenge, love to raise the bar in their area of expertise and would love to make a real difference in the world of Urban Mobility. We're an exciting bunch with 35 people from 20 nations and offices in Berlin & Porto Alegre (Brazil). The greatest benefit is becoming part of something amazing. With real impact. Now.
- A rewarding stock option plan connecting you directly to the success of the company
- An education budget and support for time being spent on your self-development
- Pick the tools you feel comfortable with. From hardware, to software, to your work environment, we've literally got your back.
- Possibilities to brush up your language skills! German classes are available as well as a bunch of multi-lingual team-mates
- We will support your move to Berlin and have your back in terms of settling down in a new city.
Check out more of our benefits & perks: https://www.door2door.io/careers.html
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →