Software Developer – Full Stack // oculid
User authentication is ubiquitous, be it for unlocking your smart phone, accessing your online bank account or entering workplaces where sensitive data is stored. oculid develops a new biometric system based on eye movements. It provides intuitive, innovative and secure multi-factor authentication without burdening the user with a multilevel process.
oculid is a Berlin based start-up. We are a multidisciplinary founding team of engineers and psychologists, looking for additional team members. User-centered design of human computer interaction and years of experience in gaze analysis and interaction, are the foundations of our work. Our way of working is strongly influenced by a scientific approach, openness to new ideas, creative genius, and a compassionate and cheerful atmosphere.
Your tasks at oculid:
You will be part of our growing team to build the next generation of biometric authentication. In this position you will be working together with our CTO to set up and implement professional software development processes and refine the software architecture for our products. You will also implement new features and integrate new technologies in cooperation with our data science team to help us build secure and fun to use applications. We are looking for someone with a strong expertise in backend development but is also no stranger to frontend topics. It’s a plus if you are familiar with web technologies.
- 3+ years professional software development experience
- Strong expertise in Python and ideally familiarity with C/C++ and/or Cython
- A strong understanding of data engineering/science languages and practices (e.g. keras, tensorflow, scikit-learn, numpy, pandas etc.)
- Ability to set up and maintain production pipelines for machine learning/deep learning applications from backend to frontend
- It’s a plus if you have experience with real-time applications and computer vision
- You have a real passion for writing clean and well-tested code
- You are a driven self-starter who loves working in a dynamic, interdisciplinary, heterogeneous, tight-knit team
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- A collaborative and creative work environment, with the possibility to adopt responsibility quickly
- See how your knowledge and skills shape products
- Flexible working hours in a creative office
- Being part of creating the future of user authentication and working on innovative interaction techniques.
- A beautiful pair of oculid’s company socks
How to apply:
We are looking forward to receive your application, ideally including a link to your github account, by email (email@example.com). Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.