Software Engineer // Alloy
Over $20 trillion worth of goods—the items we use, wear and consume every day—flow through increasingly complex global supply chains annually. Alloy is a supply chain synchronization platform that connects manufacturers, suppliers, logistics providers, distributors, and retailers, giving businesses end-to-end visibility with fast and actionable insights. Our customers—companies the make, move, and sell products—use Alloy to get the right products to the right place at the right time with greater agility, efficiency, and effectiveness than ever before. We work with companies of all sizes in many industries, ranging from Fortune 100 enterprises to fast-growing, innovative manufacturers.
We’re a Silicon Valley-based startup with offices in San Francisco and Vancouver, and we’re looking to open an R&D office in Berlin. We’re looking to build a team with a focus on frontend engineering in Berlin, so if you’re right at home with React and TypeScript and don’t run away at the sight of Java and Python in the backend either, you might be the engineer we’re looking for. There are no deep layers of management at Alloy – we’re looking for self-starters who are able to prioritize effectively and grow fast beyond their initial role.
As we’re looking to open up the Berlin site from ground up, we’re looking for engineers who are comfortable with working on challenging engineering problems in a small team who are willing to take on a big role in building up an engineering site. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in engineering at a startup whose clients already include several multi-billion dollar businesses.
- Great analytical and hands-on engineering skills
- Cares deeply about things like code quality, automation, and testing
- Strong engineering experience in either frontend, backend or both
- Comfortable with one or more of the following: ES6, TypeScript, Java 8+, Postgres, Python 3, React, Redux, CSS3 / SASS
- Excels at dealing with customer’s business needs and translating them into specifications or code
- Experience in recruiting and interviewing engineering candidates
- Technical leadership experience, with experience working effectively across global sites with multiple timezones
- Domain expertise in building analytics or supply chain software
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As an engineer at Alloy, you’ll do any or all of the following:
- Automate the collection, parsing, and storage of huge volumes of data
- Design a flexible but blazing-fast analytics framework that powers instant insights
- Model parts of the supply chain and develop features that bring them together
- Build beautiful, easy-to-use apps that our customers love to use
- Dive into server provisioning, deployment, automation, and monitoring
- Salary Range: €60K – €90K
- Equity Range: 0.05% – 0.2%