Software Engineer, Frontend welt.de (m/f/d) // SPRING
We are SPRING – the digital heart of Axel Springer.
SPRING is responsible for over 60 products from more than 25 Brands and some of Europe’s biggest news sites including BILD.de and WELT.de. Over 350 people at SPRING are working on an innovative media platform to make quality journalism accessible for everyone. We are providing a great user experience on both sides – for readers and journalists, connecting them with the newest technologies.
We are innovators and it is essential for us to stay open minded and try new things every day. You are creative and passionate about your work? You want to be part of a team with a high social responsibility and where your work can make a difference? Then join us and shape the way how the world consumes media in the future!
You’ll be a member of a cross-functional team working on new and existing features to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty on our digital products like welt.de. The team is also responsible to explore and maintain new business opportunities accompanying our editorial content. You’ll also help to take care of adding tests, refactoring modules or improving automation to keep our development speed high. We encourage the concept of the best tool for the job. Convince your team members of your favorite tool or framework based on facts and be the leading role to lift everybody to a common level. We love clean code, fast rendering web-sites and smooth operations!
Here are some facts about our team and our philosophy:
- We mostly program in plain HTML and React using TypeScript, but using the best tool that solves the problem is what counts
- We live continuous deployment and are responsible for running our software on AWS making sure welt.de is available 24/7. Thus, we prefer using managed services whenever possible
- We believe in the benefits of a service oriented architecture and full automation of our infrastructure.
- We give our teams as much autonomy and trust as possible to achieve their business goals
- While our official company language is German, we do have people in the teams from various countries switching back and forth between German and English and we also support with German classes
We’re looking for pragmatic developers who are comfortable writing new code and tests for our existing codebases of welt.de. You like to take responsibility for what you build all the way from localhost through monitoring and supporting the systems in production. We want to work with people creating positive, constructive conversations using objective statements and data, and who like to share knowledge and learn from their teammates. If this sounds like you, we welcome you to apply!
The following traits are welcome:
- Familiarity with ES2016+, HTML5 and CSS
- Automated dev-workflows (templating, testing, linting, bundling)
- Writing well tested and reusable code
- Experience with responsive web design
As a plus, but not required:
- Familiarity with React or Node.js
- Experience in performance driven front-end development
What we offer at SPRING
You will be given the opportunity to deploy your current strengths and gain additional ones. In an agile and highly qualified team, you will work on the newest media technologies in a modern office in the heart of Berlin. A variety of seminars and workshops give you the opportunity to develop your specialized skill-set and your knowledge of comprehensive issues. Besides that, various conferences and TechTalks as well as our regular exchange with subsidiaries of Axel Springer (e.g. Awin, idealo, KaufDa and Immonet) provide an opportunity to build a valuable network.
Moreover: You will have flexible working hours, above average number of vacation days and a free lunch in our on-site restaurant every day. Furthermore, a MacBook, which can also be used privately, will be placed at your disposal.
We are looking forward to your application!
Questions regarding this position (reference number 044400064) will be answered gladly by:
Julia Lange; email@example.com
To all recruitment agencies:
We, and our employees, do not accept unsolicited agency candidate profiles for this position. We will not be responsible for any applications related to unsolicited candidate profiles.
SPRING Axel Springer Digital News Media GmbH & Co. KG emphasizes equal opportunities. We welcome the applications of people with disabilities, whose integration is an important matter to us.