Software Engineer – Java/Big Data // KNIME
KNIME Analytics Platform is held in highest esteem both by its large and enthusiastic user community and by IT analysts, who regularly place us in their “leaders” category – next to some very surprised industry dinosaurs, btw. But we are most proud of our consistent high marks for user satisfaction. Our open secret: we are transforming the data science landscape by providing an open source and free platform that lets data scientists mix and match the tools and methods they want while helping enterprises responsibly integrate advanced analytics into their operations. In this way, KNIME helps organizations nurture new user populations that want to exploit the benefits of data science and advanced analytics.
We have an immediate opening for a Software Engineer with experience programming in a Big Data environment to join our Big Data Development team in Berlin. Your task is to develop easy-to- scale, high-performance solutions for the execution of KNIME workflows on Big Data frameworks and integrating existing Big Data tools into KNIME Analytics Platform.
- A degree in computer science or comparable subject
- Good knowledge of Java and Eclipse
- Experience and knowledge of software development (object-oriented methods, algorithms and data structures, database systems, frameworks)
- Experience administering, developing and integrating Big Data tools and frameworks (Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Flink, YARN, etc.) is a plus
- A passion for new technologies
- An important role in developing the KNIME Big Data Extensions
- Hands-on experience with the most advanced Big Data frameworks and tools
- A young, open, and dynamic environment, where you will continuously be learning something new
- The possibility to grow together with the company
We are looking for someone to join us in our office in Berlin.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →