Software Engineer // Motionlogic
Motionlogic, a startup by Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners, analyses anonymous signaling data from mobile communication networks and derives market leading insights in traffic and movement streams. For this, we process terabytes of data and develop smart and scalable products that can handle billions of events per day and provide actionable insights in near real time.
We are a very international company with people from (currently) 15 different countries. Our headquarters are in Berlin and we currently offer our services in multiple European countries.
We are looking for a software developer who wants to step up her game and gain real world experience with global scale-level big data. The individual should ideally have some real world experience in full stack development or some side projects in Github that show her willingness to experiment and learn.
The contract will be of limited time and fulltime with a warranted duration between 12 and 18 months, which will be agreed in advance, with an immediate start if possible.
If it starts sounding interesting here are a few more details on what you will work if you join our team:
- Learn about the Hadoop ecosystem and apply your newly acquired knowledge in industrial Data Engineering problems.
- Work with cutting edge technologies like Apache Spark, ScyllaDB, Pandas and Scikit Learn.
- Discover and apply novel methods in data processing.
- Extend our backend and frontend systems with new features and captivating visualizations.
What we expect from you:
- Good programming language in at least one of Python, PHP or Go.
- Experience or willingness to learn about data processing frameworks like Hadoop and Apache Spark.
- Having experience or interested in web frameworks.
- Understanding the big picture how hardware, software, networking infrastructure and algorithms affect each other.
- Good communication skills in English.
Among the perks we offer you will get:
- A modern working environment with nice people.
- Flexible time management.
- Good coffee, fruits and vegetables.
- Education budget for books and conferences.
- One of the best views in the city.
- The opportunity to flourish and show the world what you can do!