Software Engineering Manager // GoEuro Travel GmbH
Driven by our team of over 220 people from more than 45 different countries, GoEuro is changing the way we travel across Europe. One simple search provides the best options for you by train, bus or flight to any city, town or village in Europe to suit your individual budget and schedule.
We are now looking for the next great addition to our team as a Software Engineering Manager.
As Software Engineering Manager at GoEuro, you will…
…be managing a crossfunctional team that is building one of our core components. You will assure to have a happy and high performing team and jump-in with hands-on development support every now and then. You will be directly managing 8-12 talented engineers, develop and mentor them in technical and non-technical aspects.
Here´s a snapshot of your tasks:
- Develop one of GoEuro’s core components and deliver an amazing user experience
- Manage a talented team of 8-12 software developers, grow and develop it
- Lead projects across multiple teams: product, design, desktop and mobile web, native apps, APIs
- Establish best practices for cross-team collaboration and software development processes
- Debug and solve difficult technical problems and troubleshoot performance issues
- Lead by example in software quality
What are we looking for in you?
- You should have a minimum of 4 years experience as tech-lead and/or people manager,
- a solid track-record of successfully shipped software products,
- hands-on experience in building large software systems,
- at least five years of professional web or mobile development experience and good exposure to our technology stack,
- and of course a good understanding of software engineering best practices.
- Most important: You should be an inspiring manager, who´s passionate about technology & people and want´s to develop a great team in an outstanding environment
Are you the one we´re looking for?
We can´t wait to hear from you!
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →