Software Engineering Manager // GoEuro
Driven by our team of over 200 people from more than 40 different countries, GoEuro is changing the way we travel across Europe. With GoEuro you can compare and book trains, buses and flights to anywhere in Europe with one simple search, on mobile, app or desktop. By offering transparent pricing and easy booking, GoEuro makes travel planning simple, flexible and personal.
With over 500 European transportation partners across 12 countries, GoEuro is one of Europe’s fastest growing travel companies backed by 10 million monthly users and the world’s leading tech investors.
We are now looking for the next great addition to our team as a Software Engineering Manager.
As a Software Engineering Manager at GoEuro you will…
…be managing a crossfunctional team that is building one of our core components. You will assure to have a happy and high performing team and jump-in with hands-on development support every now and then. You will be directly managing up to 5 talented engineers, develop and mentor them in technical and non-technical aspects.
Here’s a snapshot of your tasks:
- Develop one of GoEuro’s core components and deliver an amazing user experience
- Manage a talented team of software developers, grow and develop it
- Lead projects across multiple teams: product, design, desktop and mobile web, native apps, APIs
- Establish best practices for cross-team collaboration and software development processes
- Debug and solve difficult technical problems and troubleshoot performance issues
- Lead by example in software quality
What are we looking for in you?
- You should have a minimum of 4 years experience as tech-lead and/or people manager,
- A solid track-record of successfully shipped software products,
- Hands-on experience in building large software systems,
- At least five years of professional web or mobile development experience and good exposure to our technology stack (Java/React.js)
- And of course a good understanding of software engineering best practices
- Most important: You should be an inspiring manager, who’s passionate about technology & people and wants to develop a great team in an outstanding environment
- An office in the centre of Berlin’s thriving startup scene
- Flat hierarchies and everyday opportunities to learn, grow and develop
- A diverse team of over 40 nationalities
- Free lunches, yoga, German lessons and more
- Competitive compensation and relocation support
Are you the one we’re looking for?
We can´t wait to hear from you!
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →