Spark/Python Developer // Motionlogic
Do you want to put your career on the fast lane? To learn about the Big Data technologies used by the most successful technology companies in the world? To gain experience in Data Engineering? Then read on.
Motionlogic, a startup by Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners, analyses anonymous signalling data from mobile communication networks and derives market leading insights in traffic and movement streams. For this, we process terabytes of data and develop smart and scalable products that can handle billions of events per day and provide actionable insights in near real time.
We are a very international company with people from (currently) 15 different countries. Our headquarters are in Berlin and we currently offer our services in multiple European countries.
We are looking for a software developer who wants to step up her game and gain real world experience with global scale-level big data. The individual should ideally have some experience in Big Data technologies or some side projects in Github that show willingness to experiment and learn.
The contract will be of limited time and fulltime with a warranted duration between 12 and 18 months, which will be agreed in advance, with an immediate start if possible. Depending on personal performance and the overall workload, options for extending the journey together will be discussed.
If it starts to sound interesting, here are a few more details on what you will work if you join our team:
- Work with cutting edge technologies like Apache Spark, SQL and NoSQL databases
- Engineer novel algorithms in geospatial analytics, data representation and compression, graph traversal and low latency, high volume and velocity data processing systems
- Write simple, maintainable and testable Python code
- Collaborate with data scientists to apply and scale Machine Learning techniques
- Collaborate with data scientists and business analysts to visualize and integrate external data sources and further develop the system
What we expect from you:
- Good programming skills in Python
- Experience or willingness to learn data processing frameworks like Hadoop and Apache Spark
- Having experience or interested in various SQL and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Understanding the big picture of how hardware, software, networking infrastructure and algorithms affect each other when building a large scale, high performance system
- Good English communication skills
Among the perks we offer you will get:
- A modern working environment with smart and nice people.
- Flexible time management.
- Good coffee, fruits and vegetables.
- Education budget for books and conferences.
- One of the best views in the city.
- The opportunity to flourish and show the world what you can do!
Stellenangebot: Big Data Developer – Berlin // Motionlogic GmbH | IT / Softwareentwicklung | Berlin Startup Jobs
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org