Sr. Engineer, Development Platforms (m/f) // Wayfair
Join the Development Platforms team to help us make software development at Wayfair a delightful experience. On the Development Platforms team, you’ll build world-class tools, systems, and automation, grow relationships with dozens of talented engineering teams, and become a force multiplier for 1,000+ engineers. Extensive experience in software development and solving technical problems at the human level is paramount to success.
What a Development Platforms Engineer does:
- Envision how engineering-wide tools and systems such as version control, code deployment, custom command-line tools, alerting and logging infrastructure, automated testing platforms, and more all come together to create a delightful engineering experience.
- Proactively reach out to teams to build relationships, discover opportunities, and champion changes which reduce friction, and empower engineers.
- Distill their years of experience in the industry to apply best practices, quality standards, and architectural decisions to an ever-growing codebase in the midst of a rapidly moving engineering organization.
- Drive architectural decisions that shape the way 1,000+ software engineers at Wayfair get their work done.
- Be a relentless advocate for the engineering experience by gathering feedback, proposing solutions, and taking ideas from proof-of-concept to production.
- Contributes materially to the evolution of shared library code in all of Wayfair’s supported programming languages.
- Support and mentor new members of the team as well as engineers throughout the organization.
- Poses a strong conviction that delivering a delightful development experience to large engineering teams is a challenging, rewarding, and highly impactful endeavor.
- Have experience managing large scale software systems and/or teams, either in an open- or closed-source situation.
- Believe that technology problems cannot be solved in a vacuum, and are quick to establish and leverage relationships to deliver excellent results.
- Entice others into taking action. Comfortable speaking to peers of varying levels of experience to persuade people into taking action.
- Understand that today’s best practices eventually become tomorrow’s bad habits. Always challenging your own personal tools to find better / more efficient ways of getting things done.
For bonus points, have:
- A good sense of humor and deadly accuracy with Nerf guns.
- Experience with Puppet, Docker (or other forms of containerization), Vagrant, VirtualBox or VMware, Selenium and/or Codeception.
- An active GitHub account.
- Experience presenting at meetups or conferences.
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link: