Storage Engineer (m/f) // Wayfair
Some of our projects include:
- Build a data center
- VMAX migration
- Custom build storage monitoring tools
- File migrations between different vendors/platforms
- New platform evaluations
- Update internal procedures and documentation
Your role in the Wayfair Storage Team:
- Create and add space to LUNs
- Create and add space to filesystems
- Performance analysis
- Manage EMC storage technologies such as VNX, VMAX, XtremIO, Data Domain, Isilon and VPLEX
- Manage PURE storage technologies
- Manage Fibre Channel switching fabrics
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot issues
- Rack and stack new arrays, Fibre Channel switches and other storage related data center gear
- 2+ years of experience in enterprise IT
- Familiarity with SAN and NAS concepts and technologies
- Familiarity with Linux, Windows, and MAC server administration
- Familiarity with VMware based virtualization
- Excited about keeping up to date with the latest in storage technology
Nice to haves:
- Experience with scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Powershell, etc.
An ideal candidate is:
- A go-getter who doesn’t necessarily wait for things to be assigned and can make opportunities for themselves.
- An efficient multi-tasker who is able to field several requests without missing a beat and has good prioritization skills.
- An effective communicator who can translate technical explanations to non-technical people, succinctly explain issues, and follow up with business owners appropriately.
- A go-to person who can tackle or help field any request that comes your way.
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
• Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
• Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
• AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
• DwellStudio, unexpected modern design for everyday life
• Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link: