Systems Architect // Klarna
The team in Klarna, we are looking for an energetic and ambitious software architect to join us in our new office in Berlin.
Our mission is to make payments as smooth as possible, reducing the friction you are facing when you purchase goods online. Our secret sauce to achieve this, is our ability to provide credit in real-time. If you want to learn more on how it is done, there is a great opportunity to join us, aim for awesomeness and write history.
We are currently serving 70 million customers and we are growing with a rate bigger than 50% annually, so there are very big opportunities to have a massive impact in one of the very few profitable unicorns out there.
What do we expect from you
- To be driven, this is an essential attribute if you want to thrive in Klarna’s fast moving environment.
- To be optimistic, being a source of can-do optimism will be crucial for the whole undertaking and the teams you will be collaborating with.
- Being a domain expert in Analytics and Big Data. We do not require experience in the Financial or Fintech vertical, but the position is very Big Data and Analytics heavy, so you should have relevant experience.
- Being technically credible, having solved major engineering problems in the past will help you to show your credibility and for your colleagues to be convinced of your ideas.
- To be an effective technical leader, you can tailor your message according to your audience, ranging from the CEO to engineering interns. You can justify your goals and architecture and you can drive people to work together towards implementing a cohesive architecture.
- To show that you are a mentor and a consensus builder, showing to engineers how to explain system properties and behaviors in a well defined and accessible manner. You should also be driving consensus in order to the different system parts should be designed, engineered and finally operated.
- It must be noted that the teams you will be working with are split between Berlin and Stockholm, so you are expected that you will be visiting Stockholm on a frequent basis.
What you can expect from us
- A top-tier compensation package. Keep in mind this comes with top-tier expectations as well.
- 6 weeks of paid holidays.
- A practically unlimited potential to develop and grow, both personally and professionally.
- Unlimited budget for personal development, including books, conferences and workshops.
- Amazing relocation package.
- Generous pension and insurance plans.
- A private cinema, among many, many other perks, in downtown Berlin.
Klarna is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
If it sounds good, go ahead and contact us! We are looking forward to hear from you!