Tech Lead, Tax Preparation // Taxfix
Taxfix is a well-funded tech startup in the heart of Berlin. It is our mission to make tax declarations easy! We believe that everybody, regardless of their income, deserves to get the maximum out of their tax returns. This is why we want to provide everyone with a personalized tax accountant at their fingertips. Today, Taxfix allows you to file taxes in 25 minutes, no tax knowledge required, no stress, and no forms. Our App offers a chat-like interface to guide you through the process and gives you the maximum return.
Our team has a proven record of creating products that help people improve their lives. We share a passion for product development and creating an outstanding user experience. We are a small international team of smart, passionate and hardworking people who value non-bureaucratic processes and open communication.
The Tax Preparation team at Taxfix owns the conversational interface in our apps which enable users to interact with our digital tax accountant in a natural and human way. They are responsible for creating a simple, yet comprehensive, experience of preparing an income tax declaration.
Read about our financial background here.
At Taxfix, you will lead an engineering team of 4 to 6 developers. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working together with the Product Manager, Designers and other stakeholders to continuously deliver value to our users within our product.
- Make architectural and technical decisions that are aligned with the overall technical roadmap of the product, as well as, inspiring and contributing to a shared technical vision of designing the simplest effective solutions to the hardest problems.
- Work closely with your team in crafting high quality software.
- Grow a strong team culture that cultivates a collaborative, transparent and inclusive work environment.
- Be involved in the recruiting and employer branding initiatives.
You will need these skills to become a successful Tech Lead in the Tax Preparation team:
- 5+ years of experience in developing outstanding mobile or web applications.
- Have a deep knowledge of React Native and ReactJS, and you have experience developing products with it.
- Enjoy writing maintainable and elegant code, and you know how to establish and maintain good engineering practices in the team.
- Previous experience leading and mentoring an engineering team
- You are familiar with agile practices and how to apply them in building complex software products in an iterative way.
- Extensive experience with A/B experiments and have a data-driven attitude towards product development.
- Understanding of DevOps culture, and you have experience implementing automation pipelines to continuously deliver well tested software.
- You are a pragmatic person with a strong positive attitude, and you can work autonomously and overcome challenges with passion.
If you feel excited about the idea of being part of Taxfix, we are looking forward to receiving your application.