Technical Product Manager – Big Data Infrastructure (m/f) // ResearchGate
Technical product managers at ResearchGate drive and own the success of technical products used daily by our in-house engineering teams. Together with them, they help define, develop, and build the big data infrastructure of a platform that holds a network where more than 13+ million scientists connect and make science open to all.
Do you have a strong technical background and affinity to data engineering? Help our engineering teams as a Technical Product Manager to build, develop and maintain tools for data pipelines and product analysis of our platform.
- Define, develop, and execute a clear product strategy for our in-house developed product: our big data infrastructure
- Manage a product roadmap and define requirements and specifications as detailed user stories
- Define, track and analyze KPIs that inform the success of your actions
- Support the product development efforts of a team of highly skilled engineers using agile methodologies and processes
- Work together with engineering teams and product analysts to better develop our data toolkit, solve problems and ensure fulfillment of product objectives
- Assume ownership and responsibility for your product area and continuously improve it
- Maintain our KPI reporting framework, and execute and ship for engineering and analytics users in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Technical understanding of tools in the big data toolbox such as as Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Flink, Kafka, Jupyter, and Hue
- Experience in proactive alignment on a reasonable technology stack
- Expert knowledge in defining, analyzing, and responding to product KPIs
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, communicate results and arrive at valid conclusions
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Very good command of English required
- You’re self-motivated and effectively communicate your vision and strategy
- You love technology and have a passion for systems operations
- You’re a natural at consensus-building and decision making
- You enjoy working with great people and bringing them together
- You understand our mission and want to help achieve it
You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users – more than 13+ million researchers worldwide.
Join our highly-skilled international team in our company headquarters in the heart of Berlin. Work to change the world of science and have a good time while you’re at it: we offer free, healthy lunches and many fun events.
How to apply
Simply send your CV plus your possible start date to email@example.com. You will be hearing from us soon!