Technical Project Manager (M/F) // Wayfair
Technical Project Manager
Built on the foundation of a great post-college idea between friends; Wayfair has grown to be the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings in the United States. With annual revenue hitting $3.4B and 8.3 million active customers we have seen tremendous growth over the years. Wayfair is now looking to invest in and mature our technology backbone to enable our next level of growth and achievement. This is a chance to make a real and visible impact on the success of Wayfair’s most complex initiatives as a technical project manager.
- Collaborate with and manage global stakeholders across all levels in order to drive/implement strategic direction.
- Leverage your previous project management experience to understand our current environment and challenge our normal to expose unseen opportunities.
- Lead complex / expensive / critical infrastructure and engineering projects by fostering a team mentality, providing clear business communication, and maintaining focus to ensure the most favorable outcome for the company.
- Build and maintain successful partnerships across Wayfair business units to enable predictable delivery of highly visible projects.
- Drive effective collaboration and consensus across multiple local/remote resources and key vendors.
- Maintain and develop immediate, short term and future project roadmaps.
- Manage and drive the execution of all phases of the project lifecycle; this includes gathering requirements, identifying scope, outlining milestones, driving implementation, risk management, and managing expectations while facilitating on time delivery.
- Motivate and drive a fun culture that promotes hard work by fostering collaboration within the project teams.
- Solid proficiency in German and English (verbal and written) – B2/C1
- 3+ years of experience in managing technical infrastructure and/or new office projects.
- Demonstrable track record of managing cross-functional global teams in order to achieve critical business initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact and influence at various levels of the organization.
- A good understanding of project methodology and how to apply it to real world situations.
- Experience with and working knowledge of Engineering and/or Infrastructure projects, office and warehouse builds.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an interest in working hard, are flexible and enjoy being challenged in a fast-paced environment.
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Wayfair is the leading E-Commerce company for furniture and home accessories. With our diverse range of over 7 million products, our customers can design the home they always imagined. At Wayfair, our customers can find the right product for the right price. The foundation blocks of our success were laid in 2002 by the founder Steve Conine and Niraj Shah.
Wayfair generated $4.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 6,800 people.