Technical Writer (m/f) // commercetools
We are looking for an experienced technical writer who can distill the purpose, functionality and technical design of our cloud commerce platform into clear words and visuals. You work closely with our Product Owners, Development Teams, Customer Support and Consultants to understand both the actual system behaviour as well as customer expectations and market terminology. As a result, you and your colleagues from Training, Documentation and Web Development deliver continuously maintained and attractive digital content offerings, not one-time document releases.
ABOUT YOUR NEW ROLE
- Conceptualising, structuring and creating the end-user documentation of our product
- Continuously expanding and improve the platform API reference documentation in sync with our continuously deployed and improved product releases
- Supporting and enabling developers to provide good initial product documentation for new functionalities
- Creating consistent example usage scenarios that ease the initial understanding of the functionality and its underlying concepts – based on these, crafting tutorials and other step-by-step material
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline
- Significant professional experience in documenting software systems, having worked on at least one complex enterprise product
- Experience in writing documentation targeted towards Software Engineers as well as for end-users of complex business systems
- Able to form complex technical concepts into clear and concise natural language
- Attention to detail and precision
- Proactive and social in reaching out to colleagues across the company, both face to face as well as remotely
- Own vision and creativity in selecting the right medium and form to convey the information most effectively
- Excellent English, both written and oral
Nice to have’s:
- Fluent in other languages (German, Spanish, etc.)
- Experience in Retail, eCommerce, ERP or Logistics
- Experience with documenting HTTP / REST APIs including authoring formal API specifications like RAML or Swagger
- Experience with writing in structured plain text formats like Markdown
- Programming skills
THIS IS HOW WE WORK
- Mindset. Modern methodologies and a diverse, creative workspace with an open and international culture.
- Product. Together we create an extendable, highly scalable product with state of the art technologies. Let’s develop something with impact.
- Growth. Learn from each other and benefit from the knowledge we concentrate in a healthy growing company.
- Environment. Flexible and family friendly environment, bright and good accessible offices, modern soft- and hardware.
- Flexibility. Morning person or night owl? Need to pick up your kids from kindergarten? We believe in outcome and motivated employees rather than feeling stuck in the office.