Trainee – IT Support Engineer // Babbel
With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are readily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel more than 500 team members from over 40 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
Changing the way the language learning is done is a great challenge, so we are looking for an IT Trainee to join our IT Support department in our Berlin office!
In your role as Trainee for IT Support, your mission will be to work directly with the rest of the IT Support department to help build up and run our growing internal infrastructure. This is a full-time position. (40h/week)
Your responsibilities will include:
- The deployment of new hardware and software for staff
- Assisting in the ongoing maintenance of user Macs, PCs and Linux machines
- Responding to user requests in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
- Depending on your capabilities and interest: assisting in server and network administration, writing scripts, systems migrations etc.
- Depending on your performance and aspirations, this can be a possible door opener to an entry-level position in our company.
- student/graduate in computer science/engineering or adjunct field
- excellent english skills – both in writing as well as speaking (german optional)
- analytical mindset and ability to communicate complex matters in a structured way
- proactive and self-reliant – you work independently to achieve goals and only ask for help if needed
- reliable and committed to delivery high-quality work
- strong interest in the fast-paced internet and start-up industry, particularly mobile
- availability to work with us for at least 12 months
We are looking for passionate, self-driven individuals who want to make a difference. Thus we are interested in information/links to any work or projects you have done outside your day job both technical and non-technical.
- Vast learning experience with deep exposure to IT infrastructure in a startup-environment
- The potential to help change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- Participate in hackdays, technology brown-bag talks
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 40 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
Check out our jobs page, our blog and our techblog to get an impression of how we work at Babbel!