Web Developer // FUNKE Digital TV Guide GmbH
At FUNKE Digital TV Guide we’re experts in Multiscreen Content Discovery. We build services that have won multiple awards, are pre-installed on all new Samsung TVs and recently received funding from the Google Digital News Initiative for the next 2 years. Based on metadata from brands such as TV DIGITAL we build Smart TV experiences and personalized multiscreen solutions. And we enable third parties to do the same with our Content Discovery API.
We’re hiring a new key player for our talented team in Berlin:
Web Developer (permanent, full-time)
- API Development: Prototype and sandbox with our newest API features, generating best practices
- Customer support: Help our API clients realize their visions by providing best practices, training and hands-on assistance
- Developer outreach: Represent our company and API at industry events like hackathons and meetups
- Vendor & partner evaluation: Help us find the best external partnersand tools to achieve our goals
Required Hard Skills:
- Degree or formal training in Computer Science
- At least 3 years of web development experience, preferably in the TV and video space
- Diligent about version control, clean code, unit testing and continuous integration.
- Familiar with agile development processes and workflows with standard tools like Git and Jenkins
- Experience with PHP/Symfony and/or packaging for deployments on Debian is a plus
- Passionate about media, TV & video
- Strong communicator with fellow developers. Ability to write and present in English
- Desire to shape the future of television
- Self-motivated, results-oriented problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Fluent English is required. German and additional languages are a plus.