Web Developer with a passion for Open Source software // Liquid Democracy
We are looking for a Web Developer with a passion for Open Source software
Location: Berlin; 32–40 hours per week; Starting April 1, 2018
Since 2009 Liquid Democracy has worked to create the future of democracy. As an independent non-profit organization, we strive to discover new concepts and methods for digital citizen participation. The core of our work is to create our open source participation software Adhocracy. With Adhocracy we enable citizens and anyone who is interested to collectively develop ideas, discuss issues and make decisions. Our partners are political parties, municipalities, NGOs, foundations and civic initiatives. Our recent projects include the central participation platform of Berlin, mein.berlin.de, the European idea challenge Advocate Europe (advocate-europe.eu). To bring e-participation to smaller and middle-sized municipalities, we recently launched Beteiligung.in. More info can be found on our website at https://liqd.net
From April 1, 2018 we are looking for a web developer to join our team. You should have some previous experience in creating web applications and share our drive to shape social change.
As a web developer you work closely with our Scrum Master, the project managers and our Designer in our agile Scrum process to create Open Source software for e-participation processes. Currently a majority of your time would be spent on Frontend tasks, but the ratio between Frontend and Backend can be influenced by you. The following tasks are among your responsibilities:
- Development of responsive Frontend designs using tools such as React.js, (S)CSS and HTML 5
- Creating modern, interactive Frontend components with a great usability based on Bootstrap and other frameworks
- Optimizing your code for accessibility by adhering to standards such as the German BITV 2.0
- Assisting on Backend development using Python and Django
- Taking part in Scrum meetings and project meetings
- You are a web developer with previous practical experience in creating re-usable components in the technologies we use
- You like to learn new approaches and technologies and you are motivated to learn new things and contribute to our codebase
- Ideally you already have experience in developing Frontend code with a focus on accessibility
- You like to take responsibility in a small team
- Knowledge of German is a plus
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK WITH US?
We work for society
At Liquid Democracy you work at a non-profit which wants to further social change and strives to find innovative answers to pressing political questions.
Your ideas matter to us
We take pride in our flat hierarchies and each individual’s freedom to create something. It is important to us that you involve yourself and participate in our team.
We develop Open Source software
We are convinced that good software should be open for everyone and as transparent as possible. That’s why we publish our software “Adhocracy” as Open Source.
We offer great working conditions
We offer you a fair salary, six weeks of vacation per year, flexible working hours and a lovely office space in Neukölln as well as the technical equipment you need.
APPLY FOR THE JOB NOW UNTIL MARCH 9, 2018!
We look forward to your digital application via email to email@example.com. The deadline is March 9, 2018. Please state your earliest possible start date and salary expectations. Please do not include a photo in your application but please do point to your GitHub profile or other relevant portfolios. Your applications and any questions can be directed to Moritz.