Working Student – QA // Blinkist
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 6 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app was named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why do we need you?
In order to improve our Quality Assurance and help Blinkist grow further, we need someone to satisfy our customers through bug-free and flawless app releases. Our QA team has three full-time QA members and two Working Students and is planning to expand further.
What you will do:
- Write and update test cases and test scenarios
- Support Product Management in verifying acceptance criteria and perform manual functional tests
- Support our Mobile developers in resolving issues
- Monitor the live performance of our apps
- Perform integration and regression test
- Learn to automate mobile native application
To do this, we believe you should:
- Have a certificate of enrolment at a University in Berlin for at least the next two semesters
- Ideally, be able to work 15-20 hours/week
- Be able to write, read and speak English at a fluent level
- Be app-savvy: you understand how apps work and are able to test Blinkist iOS and Android app
- [Bonus] Have experience in software testing
- [Bonus] Have experience in automation testing
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, and mutual support.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!