Head of Accounting Operations // Marley Spoon
Some say that people eat with their eyes first. We’re working hard to bring delightful, market-fresh, easy cooking back to the people. Our chefs create inspiring and mouthwatering recipes every week, our customers select what they’d like to cook and we deliver the recipes with all the ingredients they need. We are a growing business across 3 continents, 6 countries, 700+ employees and use technology to re-invent the global food supply chain to reduce unethical food waste. In order to achieve this, we are solving challenging problems in taste profiling, behaviour prediction and real-time logistics. But in the end it’s simple: We started Marley Spoon because we love cooking and we love eating.
The Finance Team at Marley Spoon is young and growing, with a mission to support our management with the best available financial information and provide accurate analyses of our fast-changing markets. We’re looking for an exceptional Head of Accounting Operations
What you’ll do
- Reponsible for monthly, quarterly and annual financial closing activities of the group (IFRS), regarding individual and group financial statements as well as tax reporting (e.g. VAT) in the daily business
- Lead and develop a great team of (at the moment) 6 Accountants
- Key contributions to both IFRS and statutory audits: you own large parts of the interaction with our external auditors
- Main Finance contact on the global ERP roll-out (Microsoft NAV) and consolidation tool (Adaptive) projects
- Work on other improvements projects impacting our controls environment as well as closing/reporting efficiency
- Cross-functional collaboration with various departments (e.g. Procurement, Operations, Marketing etc.)
Who we believe can excel in this role
- University degree in Business Administration or equivalent (e.g. Bilanzbuchhalter)
- 5+ years of accounting, controlling or audit experience
- CPA/ACCA track and/or (Big-4 )audit firm experience
- first experience in leading a team
- Highly organized, with affinity to numbers
- Able to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
Good to have
- Proven knowledge of IFRS
- Experience with Microsoft NAV
- International experience is a plus
What’s in it for you
- The opportunity to actively shape the vision and direction of Finance at Marley Spoon.
- The challenge of working in one of the fastest growing startups in Europe
- Monthly inspiration sessions, fun team events and the ‘’Berlin experience’’
- Our meal kit, free and delivered home for you to try!
- Delicious food occasionally delivered from the test-kitchen.
- An open, diverse and respectful culture with over 50 nationalities
- Participate in Marley Spoon’s success with an outstanding employee share program
Love the sound of the position, but don’t think you’re the ideal candidate? Please apply! At Marley Spoon we value learning and growth. We are looking for your application including earliest possible start and salary expectations.
We have worked hard to build a diverse team of inspiring and passionate people. We encourage people of all genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientation to apply!