Interim Head of Finance (16 month contract) // wooga
Wooga is on its way to establish market leadership in story-driven casual games. We, a team of about 200 employees from 35 different countries, work together to bring our 2 million daily active users exciting and immersive gaming experiences.
Your goal will be to make sure that everything runs smoothly in all financial aspects, paving the way for the company to continue delighting our audience for years to come. Reporting directly to our CFO, you will manage a team responsible for financial accounting, taxation, payroll, controlling, budgeting, and reporting. The ideal person for the job will welcome the challenge of needing to balance working hands-on with leading and developing the finance team of three.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure financial reporting processes remain on track, along with project plans for improvement and optimization
- Ensuring business decisions are grounded in sound financial criteria
- Providing insight analysis to management level
- Preparation of Annual Statements in German GAAP (HGB)
- Preparation of Monthly Group Reporting (IFRS)
- Being the financial partner and contact for internal and external stakeholders including auditors and tax advisers
- Leading and coordination of the accounting team with 3 team members
- Responsibility for cash planning and the payment processes
Who we are looking for
- You bring experience in business analytics, and a fundamental understanding of accounting (both IFRS and HGB)
- A degree in business administration with a focus on accounting and controlling or equivalent education
- Several years of experience leading a team
- Fluent in English and German
- An ability to manage relationships and communicate with all stakeholders effectively, including employees, the management team, external vendors, and auditors
- You take interest not only in the company financials, but are curious to learn about in-game numbers and our products overall
- Strong hands-on, egoless mentality
- Join a great brand: Wooga is an organization combining start-up innovation with mature focus, empathy with data and embraces change
- Don’t stop learning – join our meetups, talks, brown bag lunches, world cafes, internal training, workshops! Make use of a significant education budget (1500 EUR per calendar year) and extra days off for self-development
- Enjoy our Urban Sports Club benefit – we provide a generous subsidy to help you stay fit
- Work just minutes from the centre of Europe’s most vibrant city and enjoy our unique office space
- Not already in Berlin? We are happy to relocate you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. It is optional to include your photo, date of birth, and place of birth in your application.