Jr. Finance Analyst // Next Big Thing AG
Next Big Thing AG is a Berlin-based IoT company builder offering a complete framework for the acceleration of IoT ventures. We are an operational VC, technology provider, and innovation partner made up of a strong team of business architects, tech experts, and experienced founders.
Fascinated by the potential of IoT? We are too. We gather the best and brightest minds across industries to collaborate on connected ideas for the future. As part of the German de:hub initiative, NBT is the center of gravity for all things IoT. We enable rapid prototyping, disruptive innovation, and entrepreneurship. In short, we support and promote all elements of the IoT-blockchain ecosystem to develop new companies.
Whether you’re looking to solder hardware, tackle key innovation challenges across industries, or lead a venture into a steady IoT future, you’ll find a home at NBT. Have a look at our current openings below and get in touch!
JOIN OUR TEAM!
NBT’s Finance Team is expanding to provide world-class support to our growing stable of visionary IoT and Blockchain ventures. We are hiring a full-time Finance Analyst to apply his/her expertise and potential to help achieve this.
You will develop and manage vital tools and processes to ensure sound financial planning, analysis and reporting for both NBT and its ventures. With a rapidly expanding team, there are fantastic opportunities for career development.
These will be your tasks:
- Carry out detailed financial planning, including budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Increase productivity by automating processes and introducing new software tools.
- Liaison with external accountants to optimise accounting processes and ensure smoother controlling and accounting process.
- Assist in financial considerations of the decision-making framework to improve business performance.
- Support the Director of Business Planning with management and shareholder reporting.
- Advise our ventures on financial planning and accounting matters.
You’re offering these qualifications:
- Degree or professional qualification in Finance and Accounting.
- 1+ year of combined accounting and finance experience.
- Understanding of the practical application of German accounting standards and tax regulations.
- Advanced skills in Excel, including pivot tables, charts, and macros.
- Strong communication skills; fluent in German and English.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
- Self-starter, flexible and enthusiastic about solving complex strategic problems.
We’re offering these benefits:
A sweet deal
- Part-time unlimited contract
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Free drinks & fruits
- Hardware of your choice
- Subsidized membership to a Berlin sports club with 450+ locations
- Access to Factory Community events: lectures, social events, networking, great restaurant and café, and a ball-pit!
Work with the best
- Join an agile, cross-functional, dedicated team
- Take responsibility for your projects. No micromanagement.
- Work within a flat hierarchy among international team members from 21 countries
- Collaborate with experienced founders and internationally established partners, ranging from the Fraunhofer Institute, GlobalFoundries, to Consensys.
We do not work with recruitment agencies.
RELOCATION & EU WORK VISA
We do not offer relocation assistance for this position regarding paperwork, visa, nor first steps in Germany.