Junior Financial Accountant (m/f) – Berlin // ZipJet
Who we are
Zipjet is Europe’s leading on-demand laundry & dry cleaning service, operating in London, Paris and Berlin. We take the hassle of laundry off our customers’ hands, so they can spend more time doing the things they enjoy. To do this, we’ve created a cutting-edge, app-based service that allows our customers to have their laundry collected and delivered back to them in as little as 24 hours.
Think of us as a remote control for your laundry pile!
Our service is available on mobile apps (iOS & Android) and via our website. We strive for operational excellence and build solutions to serve large numbers of customer in a highly reliable and autonomous manner.
We’re a young team of about 60 people across our three cities, with a great mix of previous professional experience. Our backgrounds are diverse, both culturally and professionally. One thing we all have in common, though, is that we are passionate about making Zipjet a success.
About our Finance team
At Zipjet, our Finance team is already omnipresent and is supporting all departments in various topics, like cashflow and expense management, analysis of spendings and invoicing processes. Now we are looking for a Junior Financial Accountant (m/w), starting ideally in December 2018, to join our international Finance team in Berlin.
About the role
- Manage the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes, including posting purchase invoices, processing employee expenses and credit control
- Prepare the bulk payment runs for approval and payment in Germany, UK and France
- Deliver regular balance sheet reconciliations, including bank and accounts receivable reconciliations
- Maintain the existing fixed and intangible assets register
- Supporting the monthly cashflow analysis and funding processes
- Support the month and year end close processes
- Calculation and processing of inter-company invoicing and recharges
- Respond to accounting/finance queries from customers, suppliers and other external parties
- Support the development of management reporting
- Work with outsource partners in the preparation of VAT and annual tax returns
- Support the development and enforcement of a strong financial control environment
What we are looking for
- 0-3 years relevant experience to the role
- An understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles
- Intermediate skills in MS Excel
- A strong command English language (German language skills are advantageous)
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and a proven ability to manage
Who you are
As a professional in your field, you like to get your hands dirty making things work, setting your own goals, and doing your best to achieve them. You are self-motivated, like to satisfy your natural curiosity, and have the urge to complete your work the most efficient and correct way. When an idea comes to your head, you are enthusiastic to share the idea and put it into practice. You are not afraid to play around and build everything based on your vision. Finally, you really like what you are doing, and you’re able to enjoy the results of great teamwork and an excellent product.
What we offer
A setting that allows you to shape the essential parts of a business operation. Cutting edge technology allowing you to work with state-of-the-art tools and software solutions. The prospect of making people’s lives a bit easier. A goal-oriented working atmosphere, in an international environment, with a flat hierarchy and an open-door policy. And yes, we are also offer free laundry, drinks, cereal, and regular team events, but we know that’s not the main reason you want to join us!
Are you up for a challenge? Let’s wash some dirty laundry together!