Manager Group Accounting (m/f/x) // Pepper.com
Pepper.com, the world’s largest shopping community, was founded in 2014. Through international partnerships and conversations, Pepper.com gives smart shoppers around the world a voice to share deals, tips, and ideas, connecting members in 14 countries on 3 continents.
The Pepper.com group is headquartered in Berlin, with offices in Belo Horizonte/Brazil, Guadalajara/Mexico, London /United Kingdom, Lyon/France, and Mumbai/India and runs market-leading platforms such as Dealabs (France), hotukdeals (United Kingdom), mydealz (Germany) and 11 more around the globe. These platforms are currently used by more than 25 million smart shoppers every month and influence 12,000 buying decisions every minute.
We are looking for a Group Accounting Manager to join our Finance Global team in Berlin. You will work closely with internal and external local accountants and directly report to our Head of Finance. Your mission will be the improvement and further development of the Group Accounting structures and processes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Review and analysis of local subsidiaries’ monthly and annual financial statements and their transition to IFRS
- Preparation of Group Financial Statements under IFRS (monthly and yearly)
- In charge of intercompany reconciliations and monthly consolidated financial statements with debt, expense, income and capital consolidation as well as first-time consolidation
- Implementation of Group Accounting Policies and their compliance in monthly reports
- Business Partner and Specialist for Group entities in accounting matters
- Ad-hoc-reporting for Management requests
- Optimization, homogenization, and digitization of our accounting processes and guidelines
- Work closely with our financial accountants, auditors, tax consultants and banks
- Implementation and support of various projects in the financial department (e.g. transfer pricing, capitalization of non-tangible assets)
The qualities we are looking for are:
- Graduate in Business Administration with a focus on taxes, accounting, auditing or a similar field
- 3 to 5 years of relevant professional experience in a tax consultancy, auditing firm and or as a Group Accountant
- A natural talent in Financial Statements Analysis
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS and corporate taxes; German, UK or French GAAP is a plus
- Familiar with DATEV, Xero and LucaNet or other consolidation software
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office package, especially Excel
- Structured, independent, goal-oriented and reliable working methods, especially during projects or monthly closing processes
- Experience with internet businesses or rather dynamic companies is a plus
- Passionate about numbers, hands-on and analytical mind-set
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), German is a plus
Some perks of working for Pepper.com:
- High growth and economically fully stable company with great personal learning and development opportunities in a dynamic international environment
- Wide personal room for creativity and flexible working hours
- Cozy and relaxed working atmosphere
- International and professional team of motivated people with flat hierarchies
- Monthly team events such as paintball, paddling, beer tasting, etc..
- Great office in Torstraße, in the city center easily reachable from any part of Berlin and in the heart of the startup scene
- Join the best Berlin employer in 2017! Read more about us here!
Are you the person we are looking for?
We’re looking forward to receiving your application in German or English including a compelling motivation letter and a clearly arranged CV.