Sales Controller (m/f/x) // Pepper.com
Pepper.com, the world’s largest shopping community, was founded in 2014. Through international partnerships and conversations, Pepper.com gives smart shoppers around the world a voice to share deals, tips, and ideas, connecting members in 14 countries on 3 continents.
The Pepper.com group is headquartered in Berlin, with offices in Belo Horizonte / Brazil, Guadalajara / Mexico, London / United Kingdom, Lyon / France, and Mumbai / India and runs market-leading platforms such as Dealabs (France), hotukdeals (United Kingdom), mydealz(Germany) and 11 more around the globe. These platforms are currently used by more than 25 million smart shoppers every month and influence 12,000 buying decisions every minute.
Do you want to be more than just a Sales Controller and you enjoy the process of monitoring and participating in the continuous process of optimization? Debtor Accounting is familiar to you. As a Sales Controller, you are the link between the BI and the Accounting departments in our international, dynamic and technology-oriented Group. You will work and learn together with our developers and Project Managers in order to achieve a full automation of our commercial processes.
Do you have an analytical mindset and a certain affinity with technical understanding? Are you a goal-oriented person? Do you have a commercial background? If yes, we look forward to getting to know you. We are not looking for a perfectly trained Sales Controller, but someone who is commercially trained, who is looking to acquire technical excellence in the future; and who is able to work with our commercial team to help shape new digital business models and solutions. You will support our Finance team in everyday tasks focusing on sales and also various projects such as the implementation of new tools and risk analysis. You will help us keep our business at the highest level being fast, accurate and efficient!
Your responsibilities would include:
- Determining revenues to accrue and automatically book them Excel Upload Sheets in DATEV and other local accounting systems for monthly financial statements of the operating subsidiaries
- Monthly reconciliation of accounting to BI revenues
- Analysis of affiliate networks in terms of transaction data
- Assistance with the automation of the dunning process
- Assistance in the monthly preparation of the local financial statements
- Assistance in Group-wide development such as the implementation and optimization of the automated billing & accounting processes.
- Servicing and auditing the sales of smaller international subsidiaries
- Implement and improve specific projects
The qualities we are looking for are:
- You have a professional experience as a Sales Controller in a dynamic online company or a Holding and a basic knowledge of accounting topics, specifically sales and receivables
- You have already gained experience in monthly and year-end work and have experience in automating processes in Finance
- You have experience in accounting and also know the dunning process
- You work confidently with MS Office, especially Excel, and can quickly get used to new systems/tools
- You communicate effectively and efficiently with colleagues and business partners
- You have team spirit, are committed and you bring your own ideas
- You are familiar with working in a multicultural environment
- Affinity for eCommerce and dynamic online businesses is a big plus
- You speak fluent German and English
Some perks of working at Pepper.com are:
- Flexible working hours
- Cozy and relaxed working atmosphere
- International and professional team of motivated people with flat hierarchies
- Learning and development opportunities
- Monthly team events such as paintball, paddling, beer tasting, etc..
- Great office in Torstraße, in the city center easily reachable from any part of Berlin and in the heart of the startup scene
- Join the best Berlin employer in 2017! Read more about us here (https://news.kununu.com/beste-arbeitgeber-berlin-2017/)!
Are you the person we are looking for?
We’re looking forward to receiving your application including a compelling motivation letter and a clearly arranged CV.