Senior Financial Group Controller (m/f/x) // Pepper.com
Pepper.com, the world’s largest shopping community, was founded in 2014. Through international partnerships and conversations, Pepper.com gives smart shoppers around the world a voice to share deals, tips, and ideas, connecting members in 14 countries on 3 continents.
The Pepper.com group is headquartered in Berlin, with offices in Belo Horizonte/Brazil, Guadalajara/Mexico, London /United Kingdom, Lyon/France, and Mumbai/India and runs market-leading platforms such as Dealabs (France), hotukdeals (United Kingdom), mydealz (Germany) and 11 more around the globe. These platforms are currently used by more than 25 million smart shoppers every month and influence 12,000 buying decisions every minute.
We are looking for a hands-on Senior Financial Group Controller (m/w/x) to join our Finance Global team. You enjoy the process of monitoring and participating in the continuous process of analysis, optimization, and automation? As a Senior Financial Group Controller you are the link between Business Intelligence, Sales and the Accounting departments in our international, dynamic and technology-oriented Group. You have an analytical mindset and a certain affinity for technology. Are you a goal-oriented person? You will empower our Finance team in everyday tasks focusing on sales and also various projects such as the implementation of new tools and enterprise risk management. You will help us achieve maximum transparency over financial performance while being fast, accurate and efficient!
Your responsibilities would include:
- Conceptualization and implementation of automated processes for monthly reconciliation between Accounting and Business Intelligence revenues
- Group-wide implementation and optimization of automated billing and other accounting processes (e.g. dunning process, travel expenses)
- Participation in the monthly preparation of local financial statements
- Determination of monthly revenue accruals and automated bookkeeping of those in local accounting systems of operating subsidiaries
- In-depth analysis of revenues, especially with regards to affiliate networks transaction data
- Group Financial Planning, Forecasting & Analysis
- Preparation of ad-hoc analyses and special analyses for C-Level
- Servicing and auditing revenue of smaller international subsidiaries
- Implement and improve other challenging projects
The qualities we are looking for are:
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience as a Financial Controller in a dynamic online company with international subsidiaries and a good knowledge of accounting topics, specifically sales and receivables
- You have experience in monthly and year-end financial statementsand in automating processes in Finance
- You have successfully managed projects across different business functions
- You work confidently with MS Office, especially Excel, and can quickly get used to new systems/tools
- You communicate effectively and efficiently with colleagues and business partners
- You have team spirit, are committed and you bring your own ideas
- You are familiar with working in a multicultural environment
- Affinity for eCommerce and dynamic online businesses is a big plus
- You speak fluent English, German is a plus
Some perks of working at Pepper.com are:
- High growth and economically fully stable company with great personal learning and development opportunities in a dynamic international environment
- Flexible working hours
- Cozy and relaxed working atmosphere
- International and professional team of motivated people with flat hierarchies
- Monthly team events such as paintball, paddling, beer tasting, etc..
- Great office in Torstraße, in the city center easily reachable from any part of Berlin and in the heart of the startup scene
- Join the best Berlin employer in 2017! Read more about us here!
Are you the person we are looking for?
We’re looking forward to receiving your application including a compelling motivation letter, a clearly arranged CV and references.