Senior HR Manager // byrd
byrd makes logistics for online shops a simple and effortless experience.
Online sellers and fulfillment warehouses suffer from outdated software that is unintuitive to use and does not integrate with their ecommerce systems. byrd is changing that by using state of the art technology to set a new standard in the logistics industry.
The Senior HR Manager role reports directly to the CEO and manages and develops a small People team across our offices in Vienna and Berlin. In this position you will work on eye level with the management team and be their sparringspartner for all people related topics. While the administrative groundwork is in place, the first priority for this role will be to ensure basic HR and recruiting strategy and structures. As you are building out your team you will get hands-on in recruiting and provide guidance for our Junior HR Manager and Hiring Managers. As the organisation’s first Senior hire in the People department, you will help us set up the groundwork for healthy, sustainable growth over the next years. An HR generalist at heart, you have been exposed to the whole spectrum of People related work and are enthusiastic about the idea of building something from scratch in a dynamic environment with ambitious colleagues.
Co-create and implement HR strategy and frameworks at Byrd
- Evolve and develop byrd’s People department
- Derive strategic HR priorities from byrd’s business objectives, employee engagement data and other relevant sources of information
- Evolve byrd’s talent management and talent development frameworks, conduct training and provide guidance on how to apply them
- Oversee our compensation & benefits strategy
- Ensure byrd’s compliance with German and Austrian employment law
- Mentor and develop our Junior HR Manager in Austria, particularly in recruiting and administrative HR
- Evolve your own HR expertise as our team and challenges grow more complex
Partner with our Leadership Team
- Support our team leads in getting our people-related basics right: providing role clarity, managing performance, supporting employee development
- Work with the leadership team to define hiring needs across the organisation
- Drive headcount planning and budgeting process with the CEO
Set up and oversee an efficient recruiting process at Byrd
- Set up a recruiting process and develop your team to execute on byrd’s hiring plan
- Ensure a world-class candidate experience
- Become the sparringspartner to hiring managers in defining efficient team structures, clear roles and responsibilities
- Define, track and improve recruiting KPIs
- Get really hands-on in hiring for key positions
What we are looking for
- Minimum 5 years experience in HR, with at least 2 years outside of recruiting
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a startup
- Management experience in a team of at least 3 people
- Fluent in English and German
- A responsible, dedicated team player based in Berlin or willing to relocate
What you can expect from byrd
- Become part of a dynamic company that is driven to change the logistics market and offer a superior customer experience.
- Make meaningful contributions which have a direct impact on the company’s actions and are valued by the team
- Join a team that likes to have a good time, with colleagues from 10+ nations
- All the start-up perks ;) Free drinks, fresh fruits, gym membership and team activities