1 Native German Speaker and 1 Native English Speaker eCommerce Internship with Full-Time Opportunity After Internship // Calaisco
We are a young ecommerce start-up looking for an enthusiastic and driven intern to play a fundamental role in our continued growth. The internship will be for six months after which time you will have the opportunity to join our team full-time if you have proven yourself.
We are looking for a native German speaker to help us with our German customers. Our company language is English, but for this role you MUST be highly proficient or a German native speaker. Additionally, we are looking for a native English speaker as well to focus on our UK customer base.
Both roles are full-time internships and are only suitable for those applicants who are required to complete an internship as part of their university degree (“Pflichtpraktikum”). The internship is based in our hip office in the heart of Berlin.
Our key business involves sourcing a wide range of products from suppliers globally (this includes kitchen supplies, household products as well as health and medical products) and to distribute these to customers via Amazon, eBay and other online channels.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, keen for a challenge, as well as enjoy and be able to effectively work autonomously. Highly developed organisation skills are a must as is a can-do attitude to be involved in all areas of the business. Ad hoc duties will be an essential part of the role as you will be responsible for the main administrative duties of the company.
- Computer literacy
- Intermediate use of MS Office, in particular excel (including use of formulas, data import and manipulation)
- Excellent organisational skills
- German / English native speakers
- Affinity for ecommerce / social media
- Creating product story boards including images and product descriptions
- Identifying new products for us to sell
- SEO activities to promote products
- Tracking daily, weekly and monthly sales figures
- Inventory management
- Liaising with suppliers in China and Hong Kong
- Key point of contact for customer queries
- Reconciling accounts
- Central point of communication with Amazon and other online platforms
- Sourcing new products via Alibaba and other channels