Business Development Intern (m/f/d)- Chinese Market // Medigo
Founded in 2014, MEDIGO is a quickly accelerating HealthTech and InsurTech startup, headquartered in the center of Berlin.
Our company is to date the most successful medical tourism startup worldwide, and simplifies the complex process of booking medical travel while being backed by investors such as Accel Partners (investors of successful startups such as Facebook and Dropbox). Over the past four years, we have helped over 150,000 patients organize their international medical treatments with the leading medical centers in the US, Europe, and Asia.
In addition we’re continuing to grow our core services; we have now launched a unique insurance product of our own, which provides treatment for serious illnesses on a global scale. Our insurance activities are rapidly expanding as a consequence of this exciting evolution and we are building for growth. Therefore we are now looking to tackle the Chinese market and are therefore looking for a Business Development Intern (m/f)- Chinese Market.
The internship is available at the earliest possible date, is offered in full-time for 3- 6 months and located preferably in Berlin, Germany.
- Support our management in building, launching and maintaining partnerships with external Chinese partners through outreach/cold calling and negotiations, preparation of presentations, market research, and business analysis
- Manage your own projects in B2B business development, sales, and marketing
- Act as a liaison between our Business Development Managers and other departments across the company to ensure smooth project management
- You currently study business, entrepreneurship or a similar field at a renowned business school
- Previous work experience at a start-up, in a consulting firm or at a Venture Capital (VC) firm / Accelerator is a plus
- Strong entrepreneurial thinking and analytic skills
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills; experience with CRM software is a plus
- Enthusiastic about innovation in healthcare, initiative and curiosity as well as the ability to grasp complex processes and numbers quickly
- You communicate in English and Mandarin on a professional level; other MEDIGO market-relevant languages are a plus (particularly German, French or Arabic)
- You are comfortable reaching out to top management executives and our B2B partner companies through conference calls and meetings
- A modern, light and spacious office loft (with a 100m2 rooftop terrace!) in Berlin-Mitte with lots of parks and nice cafés nearby. Join us for knowledge-sharing workshops, free German classes, sports activities, and regular team events
- Be part of an innovative, international company which is passionate about disrupting the medical travel industry
- Be integrated in a solid start-up ecosystem and get support from well-known VC’s who have backed companies such as Facebook, Soundcloud, BlaBlaCar, KAYAK and Slack
- Develop your skills within an ambitious, professional, and supportive team, in a company where independent-thinking and responsibility are encouraged