Copywriter Intern // Startup Guide
Startup Guide is a publishing and media company that produces guidebooks and online content to help entrepreneurs navigate and connect with different startup scenes across the world. As the world of work changes, its mission is to guide, empower and inspire people to start their own business anywhere.
Founded by Sissel Hansen in 2014, Startup Guide today has books in over 20 cities in Europe, the Middle East and the US, including Copenhagen, London, Tel Aviv and NYC. The company will soon be launching a media website, startupguide.com. The site was born out of the desire to explore different types of content and reach a wider audience by taking advantage of the digital medium.
At the core of Startup Guide’s two physical stores in Berlin and Lisbon is the belief that there’s nothing like real-life experiences and seeing and feeling actual products. The stores, which double as offices for the company’s 20-person team, promote products by startups as well as showcase Startup Guide books.
Do you have a passion for writing for social media? We’re looking for a bright and highly motivated Copywriter Intern based in Berlin to support our Marketing team in developing content and copy across all our social media channels and newsletters. The Junior Copywriter will be expected to develop their skills, working with their passion for writing to expand and improve.
The intern should be willing to work approximately 40 hrs/week, for 3 months to 6 months, with the possibility of extending the contract to a full-time position after that period.
The intern will be paid 500€/month through upwork.com.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Marketing team to craft fresh and engaging content and copy for our social media channels, newsletters, online ads and other marketing projects and campaigns – that adhere with the Startup Guide Content Style Guide and brand values;
- Work closely with our Design and Content teams on various marketing projects;
- Plan daily content according to monthly content and social media calendars;
- Proofread copy, ensure it’s consistent and on-brand across all touchpoints;
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach;
- Stay up-to-date with content and social media trends and share them with the content and marketing teams;
- Propose creative ideas for new and existing marketing projects.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS…
- Native-level English speaking and writing abilities;
- A degree in Marketing, Communications, English or a portfolio that reflects excellent writing and creative skills is preferred;
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Strong research skills that ensure all copy is correct and accurate;
- Good organizational skills and can meet deadlines;
- A passion for writing and the willingness to learn;
- A keen interest in startups and entrepreneurship.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to be part of a young and motivated team of talented designers, brand-builders, writers and editors. Startup Guide is a 20-person team based in Berlin, Lisbon and Copenhagen;
- Personal development opportunities;
- A broad scope of responsibilities
- A lively working environment at the heart of Berlin, in the heart of Kreuzberg
Sounds like you? Then send us a cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit for the role and your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you!