Data Analyst Working Student (m/f) // HomeToGo
Who we are
You’ve reached HomeToGo. We’re the world’s largest vacation rental search engine, helping millions of users around the world book their dream vacation in over 200 countries. Behind our product, is a talented team of 150+ dedicated to helping people find the perfect vacation rental, whether a cozy cabin in Colorado or a dog-friendly beach house in Ibiza. Driven by our innovative and open culture, our international team brings together our passion for travel and technology to change the way people book vacations.
Ranked by Gründerszene magazine as Germany’s fastest growing start-up, we’re now searching for the best and brightest talents to join us on our journey.
We’re currently looking for an ambitious Data Analyst Working Student (m/f) to support our Marketing team and gain first-hand experience working at the interface of data and business in a dynamic start-up. You will leverage your analytical skills to transform data into compelling new travel-themed stories with a global reach.
In this role, you will
- Translate data into impactful narratives that have a real business impact and fuel our marketing team’s strategies and success.
- Create reports and ad-hoc analyses for the marketing team and other stakeholders.
- Create regular team and management reports that keep us on track and measure success.
- Identify optimization opportunities and improve our analysis-related processes.
- Help the team with various operational tasks while working with different internal systems such as Jira, Google docs and SQL.
What you’ll bring
- Currently studying in a business, economics or technical field.
- Excellent Excel skills including a basic understanding of VBA.
- Good understanding of basic statistics and you enjoy working with numbers.
- Knowledge of R and postgreSQL or similar languages is a plus.
- Business-savvy, you’re not just a numbers person.
- Well organized, hands-on and a fast learner.
- Fluent English and German.
What we offer
- Development: We’ve instituted a healthy feedback and development culture. Regular check-ins, 360 feedback, and employee-defined further training means that standing still isn’t an option.
- Team: We’re a diverse bunch of techies, creatives, number crunchers, and people-people! With more than 26 different nationalities represented in the office, you’ll feel at home if you’re a global citizen.
- Learning: You’ll get in-house English and German courses to bring you up to speed where you need it most. Our growing library and employee-led workshops ensure that we never stop learning.
- Office: We work in a beautiful converted industrial office space in Berlin Prenzlauer Berg. You’ll also get a choice of Windows or Mac, adjustable standing desks, free fruit, weekly yoga classes, and whatever else it takes to help make you feel comfortable.
- Social: We have a vibrant social scene for those who want to get involved, including frequent company- and team events, Beer Fridays, lunch roulettes, and regular charity work.Beer Friday, Lunch Roulette, and regular team events.
If this sounds like the challenge you’ve been waiting for, send us your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for this position and we’ll be in touch shortly!