Engineering Intern // mitte
It’s an exciting time to join Mitte. We carried out a successful crowdfunding campaign at the end of last year and now we are in full preparation mode to hit the market at the end of 2018. As we move closer to our launch date, we are already looking into new innovative products to follow our current system. We already have some concepts in mind, but now it’s time to make them reality. That’s where you come in: those new products and technologies need to be prototyped, tested and refined. With your engineering skills, eagerness to learn and passion for problem solving, you will be working closely with our tech team and innovation team on new product development. Join our amazing team in Berlin and help us bring more Mitte to the world!
Main responsibilities include:
- Building physical prototypes and mockups of new product concepts
- Testing new product solutions and components electrically and mechanically
- Support user testing with hardware solutions
- Research technical solutions and alternatives
- Strong technical background and proven problem-solving skills in hardware and electronics.
- Excellent practical skills: experimentation, planning, execution, documentation, presentation
- Maker mindset, creative sourcing of ideas, quick iterations with prototyping and testing
- Experience with electrical prototyping (e.g. Arduino) and rapid prototyping (e.g. 3D printing, laser cutter)
- Take ownership and work independently, while also being part of the larger team
- Ability and desire to dive into unfamiliar territory and jump between topics.
- Knowledge of and experience working with mechanical engineering / electrical engineer / industrial designer
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills across disciplines
- Degree in Electrical/Mechatronic/Computer Engineering
- German verbal and written skills
- Previous startup experience
- Experience with consumer products, IoT devices, and/or design thinking
- 6 month internship, potential for permanent position.
- Competitive compensation
- Starting time: as soon as possible
- Great opportunity for learning and professional development