Entrepreneur In Residence // cargo.one
Digitalizing the world of logistics
In today’s globalised world, air freight impacts almost every aspect of your everyday life. Whether it is from the delivery of your favourite new technologies to the imports of all those exotic foods and spices or even the latest fashion trends, be it a supercar or designer handbag.
Despite it being a multi-billion dollar market, the air freight industry has, till this day, remained offline and intransparent. Unlike in the passenger business, air cargo is still being sold and booked via email and telephone – a highly outdated and manual process.
So we decided to build a company from the ground up that would reinvent the way airlines and freight forwarders interact for the better and lead the air freight industry into the future.
We founded cargo.one in late 2017 and have already proved the concept, attracted leading airlines and freight forwarders such as Lufthansa and UPS to our platform, and convinced top-tier investors of our mission. We are just getting started and we need you to help us shape the future of air freight.
What’s the opportunity?
This role is a fantastic opportunity to get an insider’s look into how businesses are built from the ground up and to make an impact on a fast-growing tech company.
At cargo.one, we believe an entrepreneurial mindset is the key to success. We’re a bunch of highly entrepreneurial individuals who love to turn ideas into products and communicate our beliefs and convictions fearlessly, and we’re looking for similarly minded individuals who are constantly curious and driven to solve problems. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What will I be doing?
Based in Berlin, you will work alongside the founders and tech team, providing support on all levels to help us build the air freight of the future. You will:
- Execute special projects with a high level of autonomy, including in product development and product marketing
- Develop and implement new ideas, approaches and processes while improving existing ones
- Analyze data, conduct research and talk to our users to solve problems and improve the business
- Help select, negotiate with, and manage key partners
- Contribute to all areas of the business, including product, business development, marketing, customer success and finance
- Do anything that needs to be done
What skills do I need?
- You take initiative and thrive working autonomously
- You have gained first-hand work experience in a fast-paced and result-oriented work environment (fast growing startup, consulting or investment banking)
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves to do what needs to be done
- You can break complex problems into smaller ones and enjoy working with data
- You can make a good business case and convince people to help you execute
- You have a high attention to detail and accuracy
- You are constantly curious and motivated to make an impact
- You are fluent in English; German is a strong plus
Bonus points if you have experience working with SaaS software or freight forwarding companies.
What you’ll get in return
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us.
- You will have the unique opportunity to make a serious impact on a fast-growing startup combined with an extremely steep learning curve
- You will join a young, driven and international team
- You will work together with and learn from experienced entrepreneurs – our founding team previously co-founded Berlin-based FinTech OptioPay
- You will receive a competitive compensation package and plenty of room for career progression
- You will get to choose your work equipment – Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
Apply for this position and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.