Entrepreneur in Residence Internship // xbird
xbird is a medical AI company developing ways to use smartphones and wearable devices to predict and prevent health risks. We are a 10-person, interdisciplinary team on the mission of saving one million lives by 2020. Our current solution focuses on detecting and preventing hypoglycemia for diabetes patients.
We are looking for a highly driven and ambitious self-starter who wants to be part of our journey to build a market leading company that has a positive impact on the world. You will work together with the CEO to identify strategic opportunities and partnerships in the digital health market. You will analyze business models, research innovation opportunities and build case studies and presentations. You will help in creating systems to support the growing company, e.g. in setting up and documenting key processes, in supporting internal and external communication or in improving knowledge management. Your overall goal is to accelerate the business development for xbird by doing what is most needed.
We offer you to get in on the ground level of one of Berlin’s most exciting companies with a management team that has already built and successfully exited numerous ventures. We have flat hierarchies and a no-bullshit atmosphere. Our opportunity is perfect for getting your feet wet as an entrepreneur and learning how to start and grow a company.
This is a paid internship with a minimum duration of 5 months. We offer opportunities for full-time employment after the internship, depending on your performance and availability within the company.
Skills & requirements
- You have been or you are in the top 10% of a business school / economics major / other analytical major
- You have a strong motivation to join the digital health industry
- You are a fast learner – digital health is a very complex and demanding sector
- You are very good in creating clear and slick visualizations (e.g. slides)
- Your written English is clear, concise and error-free
- If you are experienced in business operations that is a plus, but if you are smart and hardworking we will get you on track
- You want to do work that matters
- An internship in Berlin that will have great impact on your future
- You will contribute to the ultimate greater goal of saving lives
- An opportunity to work closely with and alongside experienced serial entrepreneurs
- A great workplace where your contribution will be expected and valued
- An friendly and very international team that will welcome you from day one.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!