Go(lang) Content Engineer (Working student) // JustWatch
Are you a movie buff as well as a future programming virtuoso?
Then we are looking for you!
We at JustWatch – the world’s leading streaming search engine – are looking for a software development student to join us! Since our launch in 2014 we’ve grown into the most comprehensive streaming guide in the world – as the numbers tell: our website & apps are available in 32 countries, listing over 150 different streaming providers from Netflix to Youtube Red. We need talented people to join us in maintaining and improving our product to be the go-to entertainment guide for cord-cutters.
You would be a key member of the Content team, which is an international, small and fun team that is directly responsible for the core part of our product: getting all the titles and offers from various third party APIs and keeping their availability and price informations updated through our scraping stack.
Our offices are located in Friedrichshain, Berlin – right next to all the delicious lunch places at Boxhagener Platz.
You would be working 20 hours per week and the salary is 900€ per month.
- Solid foundation in software engineering
- Basic knowledge in Unix, web technologies and networks
- Experience with SQL databases (bonus if additional Elasticsearch experience)
- Fluency in English
- Bonus points: Go experience, container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- …help us maintaining our custom scraper stack
- …build custom scraper plugins for new streaming providers
- …also engage in all other areas of content management when needed, including caring about tooling & metrics, writing, extending & debugging microservices and many more
- You will become part of a passionate, professional and friendly team while getting first-hand experience in building a world-leading tech company
- Fun, fast paced technology. Deploy your builds directly with Slack
- A steep learning curve: You will work with and learn directly from the founders and their teams who are leading experts in technology, entrepreneurship, marketing and product
- Lots of room for freedom and responsibility
Just send us a short e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org that gives us an idea why you want to work with us and how you think you will help us to achieve our goals. It would be great to also have a look at our core values “Learn & Create Value” at our Talent page to see if you identify with how we think and work.