Intern Business Analyst in Category Planning (m/f) // Wayfair
We are looking to hire a talented and driven intern to join our Category Planning team. Category Planning is a hub for technology, analytics and operational needs of Category Management and Central Buying. Members of Category Planning are tasked with improving workflows of the various teams they support, while providing strategic insight and tactical support on all areas of the Wayfair business. We are also one of the first places to look at, when cross-functional and Category Management involved projects need to be tackled.
As an intern in Category Planning, you will have the opportunity to support decision making of Wayfair’s EU Top Management by supporting the creation / update of impactful reports on key areas of the business. Additionally, you will work on generating key insights from large sets of data from all areas within Wayfair. For both a successful intern will have to sift through large amounts of data, draw conclusions and interact daily with stakeholders from several teams, including: Merchandising, Finance, Operations, DASH, Category Management, Pricing, and more. This is a role for someone who loves working on patterns in data and understanding the issues behind those patterns.
- Support weekly and monthly reporting requirements that cover more than 10 business functions and the entire Wayfair EU business
- Help define new and improve existing reports
- Work with Associate Director to generate insights on key metrics
- Support getting the team up-to-speed on statistical concepts to create data insights
- Use SQL, data analytics, and other research tools to find patterns and identify root causes
- Data science magician/ statistician with strong academic records
- Strong analytical aptitude or background with a focus on details and a willingness to “get to the bottom” of things
- Ability to work cross-functionally and motivation to move beyond existing practices
- Strong written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skill
- Fluent in English
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Positive, energetic attitude with a can-do mentality
- Excel crack (SQL “fluency” a definite plus)
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary that comes along with a unique work life balance
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- Ambitious team with more than 30 nationalities
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Daily fresh fruits, snacks & drinks
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- DwellStudio, unexpected modern design for everyday life
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.