Internship – CDP Europe // CDP Europe
About CDP: CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with institutional investors with assets of US$100 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 5,800 companies with some 60% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2016. This is in addition to the over 500 cities and 100 states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP, formerly Carbon Disclosure Project, is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Please visit www.cdp.net or follow us @CDP to find out more.
Key responsibilities could include – dependent on the department/program:
- Supporting the regional project officers in engaging with companies to drive environmental management throughout the disclosure phase of CDP’s reporting platforms;
- Support the team on various projects including communication with companies;
- Data maintenance.
- Extracting data from internal data warehouse and organizing for external consumption;
- Maintaining and adding customer records to CRM;
- Drafting and distributing mass emails to CDP constituents via CRM;
- Presenting on CDP data and analytics to various stakeholders in the investment community;
- Creating and maintaining library of PowerPoint decks and other marketing information;
- Ensuring investors are aware of our data and research and assisting them to use it in their investment process where possible; and
- Helping convene and organize investor roundtables, roadshows, and other informational events.
- Coordinating press and social media outreach, working with media agencies;
- Translating press materials from English;
- Creating and coordinating web, editorial and thought leadership content;
- Creating and coordinating newsletter content;
- Monthly media monitoring
- Policy & Public Affairs:
- Data analyses and creating tailored content for policy makers;
- Updating public affairs contacts and calendar;
- Supporting project applications and grant reporting;
Events and Partnerships:
- Assisting with event organisation;
- Participating in organization of CDP Events, such as “CDP spring workshops” or “CDP report launches”
- Your profile:
- Enrolled student in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program;
- Passionate about Sustainable Development and connected topics, such as Climate Change, Water Management and Forest protection;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (esp. Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and understanding of database architecture;
- Confident and capable of engaging with stakeholders at all levels;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in teams;
- Ability to work independently and precisely under pressure, be proactive and set priorities;
- Demonstrated a high level of dedication, flexibility and resilience;
- Highly competent spoken and written English, other language skills beneficial.
The position is open only for candidates enrolled at a university in Germany. The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in the EU. The role is located at our office in Berlin, Germany, and will work closely with and report to the respective program manager.
Interested? Interested candidates should send a copy of their CV with a cover letter outlining their suitability for the internship to email@example.com with “Internship – desired field of work- First name Last name” in the subject line. Additionally, please complete this short online application form.
Please note that we cannot guarantee a position exists in your preferred CDP department, but for suitable candidates we may offer an alternative internship position based on current requirements.
More information can be found here: https://www.cdp.net/en/info/careers/internship-cdp-europe-berlin