Internship – Production Coordination & Quality (m/f) // Blinkist
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 4 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app was named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, as well as a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness.
Why do we need you?
At the core of Blinkist’s offering lies the content we offer to our users, and the secret to producing great, compelling content is a smooth and reliable production process. This is where you come in. As the Production Coordination & Quality Intern, you’ll coordinate the “blinking” process with which we produce our content. In addition, you’ll help shape our overall strategy. There is a possibility of transitioning to a full-time role upon successful completion of the internship.
What you will do:
- Coordinate with our freelancers, set deadlines, answer questions and follow up to ensure timely and smooth production of content, in both English and German, and written and audio form.
- Monitor and track the progress of items in the production pipeline.
- Read and listen to many of our books-in-blinks to identify any quality issues.
What we believe will help you excel in this role:
- You should be finished or almost finished with your studies to enable a possible transition to a full-time role upon successful completion of the internship.
- You have native-level English or German, and are comfortable communicating a lot with freelancers mostly in written form in English and German.
- You’re organized and can confidently track and manage a large amount of small tasks. You’re meticulous and double-check your work.
- You must be comfortable working within spreadsheets, but no advanced spreadsheet skills like complex data analysis are required.
- You’re comfortable taking ownership of your accountabilities and driving improvements in them.
- You love great nonfiction.
- Familiarity with the blinks-format, Google Drive and Google Docs are all big pluses.
- Experience in managing freelancers is a plus.
- Knowledge about audio recording equipment is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!