Logistics/Business Intern (m/f) German & English Required // Wayfair
Who are we?
We’re Wayfair, the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and housewares in the United States and we’ve made Berlin our new European Headquarters! Are you a startup enthusiast and ready to join one of Berlin’s fastest growing international companies?
Wayfair was selected by Glassdoor as a top company to work for and #16 on the Forbes most promising companies. Our company was founded in 2002 and grows at >50% a year. Wayfair has ambitious plans to triple our global business over the next 3-5 years and investments in our International markets are a big part of the global strategy. We are currently targeting over 100% growth rates in Europe. Here at Wayfair we’re never done, we like transparency and are ‘go to’ people. If that sounds interesting to you then keep on reading!!
The role as Logistics Intern
We operate a pan-European logistics network to deliver everything for the home for our customers fast, clean and on time. We work in a dropshipping model, which poses particular challenges, but enables us to act flexibly and adapt our network quickly to new challenges. To achieve this, we work with a multitude of carrier partners across Europe.
The Logistics Team needs support on the daily operations processes related to carriers, as well as support in operation analytics. The role would also contribute to the improvement of our returns and claims processes. You will work on real-life challenges from day one and will be trusted with tasks that are crucial to our business. This is a great opportunity to gain a comprehensive overview of a cross-border logistics network, understand how to operate and optimize a dropshipping network. In this role you will also be able to prove your analytics and communication kills and be part of a young, dynamic international team.
- Cross functional work internally and externally as implies close interactions with Supplier Operations team, freight forwarders and carriers
- Support the freight team in daily basis actions with our partners ( carriers)
- Obtain and control volume of weekly supplier pickups towards our logistics service providers
- Detect operational points to improve on the entire process
- Participate in solution and improvement proposals to increase the performance of our freight network
- Support team in invoicing and maintain data accuracy in the system
Who are Wayfair looking for:
- Motivated, and result-driven team player
- Detailed oriented person with own initiative, who is not afraid on taking on responsibilities from day one
- Good communicator, able to build good relationships with different carriers from various countries
- Ability to work well both independently and in a cross functional team environment
- Adaptability to work in high changing environment & capacity of managing multiple tasks
- Career or studies background preferable : Business Administration or Logistics Management
- Fluency in English and German (Spanish, Italian, Polish would be a plus)
- Flexibility in term of working hours
- Proficient use of MS Office
- Enthusiastic, quick learner
- You are willing to travel across Europe for carrier site visits
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus, office snacks and drinks and Friday evening beers, but also…
- The possibility to be part of an international and dynamic team
- Acquire logistics knowledge on carrier operations
- Work in an international environment as our carriers are across Europe
- The chance to really build something and be able to implement your own ideas
- A huge opportunity to be an early entrant and set the stage with us
- Monthly team events
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful style meets irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor