Marketing and Communications Intern // BigchainDB
BigchainDB is building a decentralized database for the internet, and for collaborative ecosystems. Organizations use our software to build applications that liberate personal data from centralized silos, that help artists & musicians feed their families, and to shine the light of transparency on ossified corrupt systems. It’s the promise of blockchain technology, at scale.
We’re looking for a paid intern to join our marketing team for a period of six months with the possibility of full time employment. You’ll be involved across our marketing activities, creating content and campaigns for our channels and helping prepare events.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Create and nurture our editorial calendars online
- Prepare monthly data statistics, analyze performance and offer suggestions for optimization
- Moderate all user-generated content (comments, messages) on our social platforms
- Assisting with compiling the newsletter content, setting it up in MailChimp, monitoring and updating mailing lists
- Assist marketing team with the planning and execution of all marketing and written communications
- Coordinate research, writing and presentation for all marketing materials
- Collaborate with other departments as needed, particularly product and sales
- Event preparation and planning
The ideal candidate is:
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and verbally. An excellent comprehension of English is a must; German skills are a plus.
- A storyteller who can present difficult and highly technical concepts in clear, simple and compelling ways
- Self-motivated, able to complete complex and time sensitive tasks with ease
- Has a good understanding of all social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Medium, Reddit – GitHub is a plus) and the ability to create strategies & content for specific platforms and audiences to create awareness and generate leads
- Comfortable with public speaking and hosting events, like our meetup
- Has a positive attitude, is results-driven and respectful to others. A sense of humor a definite plus!
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience working in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Analytical skills, taste for dealing with numbers and information and digging into data to provide relevant insights
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field preferred
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, tell us a bit about yourself and what you’d bring to the team.