Sales trainee // Startup Guide
Startup Guide is a publishing and media company that produces guidebooks and online content to help entrepreneurs navigate and connect with different startup scenes across the world. As the world of work changes, its mission is to guide, empower and inspire people to start their own business anywhere.
Founded by Sissel Hansen in 2014, Startup Guide today has books in over 20 cities in Europe, the Middle East and the US, including Copenhagen, London, Tel Aviv and NYC. The company will soon be launching a media website, startupguide.com. The site was born out of the desire to explore different types of content and reach a wider audience by taking advantage of the digital medium.
At the core of Startup Guide’s two physical stores in Berlin and Lisbon is the belief that there’s nothing like real-life experiences and seeing and feeling actual products. The stores, which double as offices for the company’s 20-person team, promote products by startups as well as showcase Startup Guide books.
Do you have a passion for sales? We’re looking for a bright and highly motivated Sales trainee based in Berlin to support our Business Development team in identifying and pursuing sales leads. The Sales trainee will be expected to develop their skills, working with their passion for sales and business development to expand and improve.
The intern should be willing to work approximately 40 hrs/week, for 3 months to 6 months, with the possibility of extending the contract to a full-time position after that period.
The intern will be paid 500€/month through upwork.com.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Sales Director on growing our customer base of global brands and governmental organizations;
- Perform market research, identifying and prospecting companies;
- Build target account lists and execute outreach through email, social channels and phone;
- Prepare for calls and first meetings;
- Assist in sales process by creating tailored messages, presentations and proposals;
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS…
- Some previous experience within sales and/or business development is preferred;
- Self-driven personality with the capacity to work independently and an intrinsic motivation to achieve your goals;
- Strong interest to work within the startup ecosystem ;
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills with great attention to detail;
- Solid Excel, Powerpoint/Keynote skills;
- Currently based in Berlin;
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to be part of a young and motivated team of talented designers, brand-builders, writers and editors. Startup Guide is a 20-person team based in Berlin, Lisbon and Copenhagen;
- Personal development opportunities;
- A broad scope of responsibilities;
- A lively working environment at the heart of Berlin.
Sounds like you? Then send us a cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit for the role and your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you!