Software Engineering Intern // Trifacta
Trifacta, a world-class startup from San Francisco, is looking for talented and dedicated interns to join our team in Germany. You will work as part of a team that builds end-to-end functionality, turning ideas into polished, production-ready features and contributing across all of our codebase. Above all, your work will impact how the world works with data.
We are currently considering software engineer interns for frontend, full stack and quality engineering. We are offering paid internships as either part-time positions (10-15 hours / week) during the whole semester or as full time positions for a shorter time, e.g. during semester break.
What we are looking for:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science (or equivalent) in progress (at least 4th semester) at a University in Berlin, Germany
- Experience with software engineering tools such as version control
- English language fluency, excellent communication skills
- Excellent teamplayer
- Previous internship experience at a technology company
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Experience with C++, Java and/or Python
- Write elegant and efficient code across our codebase that powers our application
- At the frontend, collaborate with our designers and implement their novel solutions to data transformation problems
- At the backend, write code that compiles and executes users’ recipes against a variety of storage systems and execution layers
- In between, build the platform that facilitates data collaboration among users, and apply machine learning techniques that fuel our predictive interaction
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team in our office in Berlin, Germany
- Work on real projects! You’ll have the opportunity to directly contribute to the next release of Trifacta
- Opportunities to be hired full time after your internship
- See the impact you’ll be making. You’ll be receiving career development opportunities with an ambitious startup backed by top tier investors
- You’ll get to work with some of the brightest people in systems and UI development, with access to leaders and innovators across the company
Trifacta, the pioneer in data transformation, significantly enhances the value of an enterprise’s Big Data by enabling users to easily transform raw, complex data into clean and structured inputs for analysis. Leveraging decades of innovative work in human-computer interaction, scalable data management, and machine learning, Trifacta’s unique Predictive Interaction technology creates a bidirectional partnership between user and machine, with each component learning from the other and becoming smarter through use. Trifacta is backed by venture capital firms Accel, Greylock and Ignition Partners and is headquartered in San Francisco.