Student Assistant / Intern IT Support // KAYAK
Reporting to the Manager of End User Computing, the IT Support Student Assistant will be a member of a team responsible for configuring and troubleshooting end user computers and corporate IT services at KAYAK.com, a worldwide leader in Internet travel search. Providing a great opportunity for the right candidate to gain hands on experience in a dynamic technology company. A friendly demeanour and a can-do attitude are a must for this position.
- User account creation (Active Directory)
- Deploy new software and hardware to our employees
- Action requests coming into the helpdesk ticketing queue
- Provide first and second level support/troubleshooting both in Berlin and remotely
- Provide software and hardware support to our employees
- Strong troubleshooting skills with both Windows and macOS
- Familiarity with both Windows (Dell) and Mac hardware
- General IT knowledge – MacBook, Windows, Windows Server. printers, wifi, IP phones, networking
- Knowledge of Google Apps for Work / G Suite and Active Directory
Additional Desired Skills
- Familiar with terminal or command line interfaces
- Experience configuring networking devices such as routers, switches and IP phones
- Virtual Machine knowledge or administrator (Xen Server or VMware)
- AV / conference room configuration
- Experience using JAMF
Our mission at KAYAK is to provide the world’s favorite travel planning tools. With every query, KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages.
And because our team is always on the lookout looking for ways to make travel planning and trip management even easier, we offer a variety of tools and features such as KAYAK Trips, Explore and Price Forecast and are constantly evolving our app, Facebook Messenger and Slack bots, Alexa skill and related A.I. innovations.
In addition to KAYAK, we manage a portfolio of metasearch brands including: momondo, Cheapflights, SWOODOO, checkfelix and Mundi that together process more than two billion consumer queries a year.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc.