Travel-Addicted Venture Development Intern (m/f) // DreamCheaper
DreamCheaper is looking for a
Travel-Addicted Venture Development Intern (m/f)
Location: Berlin, Germany | Starting date: asap
“The Hotel Booking Industry’s Most Hated Startup” TechCrunch
Hotel booking platforms hate DreamCheaper for a reason: We make hotel reservations cheaper, after they’ve been booked.
Customers send us their existing booking confirmations and we continuously scan the market to automatically rebook for them while the booking is still refundable.
In the end they’ll sleep in the very same hotel room they initially booked – but pay up to 60% less!
Since last year we’ve been receiving a ton of international and noteworthy press and we’ve built a customer base from more than 150 countries worldwide, most from the United States. Currently we are working with high pressure on introducing DreamCheaper in Germany.
Not only we believe in DreamCheaper! Our team and vision have attracted significant funding from some of Europe’s largest Venture Capitalists, such as Holtzbrinck Ventures (Zalando, Delivery Hero, HomeToGo), Global Founders Capital (Rocket Internet, Trivago, TravelBird) as well as Business Angels with strong travel experience (AirBnb, DreamLines, GetYourGuide, Kayak, Swoodoo…).
What you’ll do
- From the very first day, you are responsible for your own projects in areas such as Strategy, Business Development, Marketing, Product Development and Finance
- Your tasks will range from strategic analysis to the implementation of new products and processes
- Setup, analyze data, identify trends and spot opportunities for growth
We are looking for self-starters who are innovative and curious, taking responsibility for the products they design and build from day one. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are open to learning new things every day.
- First practical experience in a high-performance-environment
- Strong entrepreneurial skills, leadership and drive
- Meticulously organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Detail oriented with excellent problem solving skills, using data to support your arguments
- Great analytical abilities
- Language skills: English at professional proficiency, German is a plus
- You are studying economics or business
- You must be enrolled as a student during the entire period of the internship
What you can expect
- A pleasant working environment within a dynamic and international team
- Independent work in an innovative, rapidly growing company
- Opportunity of becoming a temporary team member after the completion of your internship
- Learn from the best, also outside of our team – through our investors we have access to resources and knowledge from Rocket Internet who have great knowledge, insights and contacts in the performance marketing environment
- A fair compensation
- Free drinks, regular team events…
- A great office with roof top terrace, ping pong and BBQ in the heart of Berlin’s Startup Scene (Kreuzberg, near Kottbusser Tor)
And last but not least:
- Access to the world’s best hotel rates PLUS access to very attractive travel industry rates also for flights and cruises
Disrupt the entire hotel booking industry with us and send us your convincing application (resume, cover letter, references and certificates) including your availability to email@example.com.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →