Working Student – Customer Feedback Analyst (m/f) // Blinkist
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 4 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app was named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why do we need you?
At Blinkist, we believe in empowering curious people to learn more. One of the key ways we’re doing this is by taking a truly customer-first approach to design. We continually listen and endeavour to learn about our readers and potential customers, so that we can design the best experiences for them. We are looking for a Customer Feedback Analyst who also believes deeply in this approach to join our growing team.
What you’ll do:
- Collect customer feedback across all existing channels and any new ones we launch in the future: customer support tickets, customer feedback emails, the Blinkist facebook group, twitter, in-app feedback prompt, app store reviews, customer surveys, etc.
- In some cases, you will work closely with other teams who collect the feedback already and will establish the right mechanism by which they will pass on this information to you.
- Analyze customer feedback on an ongoing basis and look for patterns, trends, warning signs, etc. Conduct moderately complex data analysis tasks to accomplish this.
- Deliver regular reports based on this information to the product team, including both your analysis and recommendations for any necessary actions.
- Develop a robust, scalable system to accomplish all of this and look for any tools that could help automate the process.
- Identify opportunities to collect even better feedback from customers and integrate it into the product development process.
- Act as a champion for the customers, always advocating for their needs first.
What we believe will help you excel in this role:
- You are pursuing a Master’s degree, ideally related to computer science, data, UX design, social sciences or product.
- You have a certificate of enrolment at a University in Berlin for at least the next two semesters
- You will be available as a working student for ~20 hours per week
- You are able to write, read and speak English and German at a fluent level
- You have experience dealing with data and conducting data analysis at the level required to process a large volume of written customer feedback.
- You are interested in product and user experience and have some experience thinking critically about how to address customer needs through a digital product.
- You are extremely organized and have no problem dealing with a large number of inputs from different data sources in different formats.
- You pay attention to detail and find the core mission of the customer feedback analyst engaging, despite the potential for repetitive and tedious work.
- [Bonus] You’ve worked in customer support, data analysis, product or UX before.
- [Bonus] You’ve worked in a startup environment before.
- [Bonus] You have some familiarity with natural language processing.
- [Bonus] You know SQL
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!