Working Student – Internal Infrastructure // Babbel
With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are steadily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel more than 400 team members from 36 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
With millions of regular users, more than 30 million app downloads our iOS and Android apps are consistently high-ranked and high-rated by customers in both app stores.
Changing the way the language learning is done is a great challenge, so we are looking for a Working Student Internal Infrastructure Engineer (m/f) to join our Berlin office.
In your role as a Working Student for Internal Infrastructure, you will be working with our Senior Internal Infrastructure Engineer to help build up and run our growing IT infrastructure that our employees make use of every day.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing front-end web layouts. Also, if interested, setting up new physical / virtual servers and network equipment.
- Coordinate with our internal UI and UX designers
- Coordinate with stakeholders on-site and overseas
- Support for minor on-site network deployment and maintenance projects. Duties can range from climbing ladders, transporting large equipment, installing IT equipment in racks and more.
- Opportunity to learn on how to configure network components (i.e., routers, switches, firewalls, etc.)
- Troubleshoot wired (copper and fiber) and wireless network connectivity issues.
- Respond to network related requests in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
- Must be a student in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field at a university located in Berlin.
- Must have strong interest in front-end web development and IT systems engineering and administration.
- Experience with mobile and responsive design
- Experience working on the console / terminal in OS X or Linux
- Understanding of version control systems (GitHub)
- Knowledge of web standards and cross-browser, cross-platform development and testing.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop in order to crop, resize or perform small adjustments on an image or logo
- Strong communicative and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Nice to have:
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP and routing protocols and fundamentals.
- Basic knowledge of basic switching fundamentals such as Ethernet and VLANs.
- Some knowledge in VMware Fusion, VMWare Workstation or similar virtualization tools is a plus.
- Some acquaintance with databases and SQL
- Excellent working conditions in the heart of Berlin
- Opportunity for personal growth and development: we are a learning company and take learning seriously
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- A vibrant international team from over 36 different nationalities
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks etc.)
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →