CMO – Chief Marketing Officer (f/m) // Tech Open Air Berlin
Tech Open Air is Europe’s leading interdisciplinary technology festival.
Our mission is to connect, grow and inspire the human spirit through knowledge exchange and collaboration. By bringing together technological changemakers with representatives of different disciplines, we help the disrupted better anticipate the future and the technologists better understand the world they change.
TOA17 Berlin has seen 200+ C-level international speakers from 60+ countries, 200+ satellites events, 6 pitch competitions, a 3000 sqm exhibition space (Haus of Tech), special formats for top stakeholders (Open Circle), mittelstand and corporate companies (DISRUPTED!) as well as dedicate experiences for music professionals (Music Hack Day) and music aficionados (TOA Music Fest).
TOA is on tour throughout the year with events in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Austin and soon in Cape Town and Mexico City.
As our Chief Marketing Officer, you will play a crucial role in TOA’s growth and internationalization, working with a high degree of autonomy with a highly motivated and talented team. You will own, plan and oversee the execution of our communication efforts across all channels and platform, leading both our performance marketing and organic growth efforts to deliver the TOA brand vision to our community and target demographics across the world.
- Develop and implement performance marketing campaigns across multiple channels while overseeing the execution of content marketing and 360 degrees brand campaigns.
- Establish a clear POV for our brand messaging, working cross-team to ensure that consistency is maintained across the company, supervising content for newsletters, social media, website, and blog.
- Own the marketing budget planning and forecasting, understanding historical trends and consulting for sales and spend planning.
- Manage, automate and constantly improve dashboards and ongoing reporting of KPIs across multiple products and services.
- Periodically conduct competitor watch and market analysis research.
- Lead our database building effort as an integral part of the marketing and sales funnel.
- Ensure best practices and develop workflows within the Marketing and Social Media team, leading it in creating compelling visual and copy-focused content to support organic growth.
- Previous marketing, creative and content responsibility, ideally including a mix in both agency and client roles.
- Experience in managing and developing a sizeable marketing and creative team.
- You have a creative mindset, an entrepreneurial attitude and consider yourself both a big thinker and a data freak.
- You are able to lead and execute with a high degree of autonomy.
- You have complete command of the English language.